Please review these version 12/12.1 solutions to see if they will work for you in version 13/13.1.
What computer operating system is involved?
Just a few usual questions
1. Are you running the program as administrator?
2. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?
3. Are you using a pen and tablet device instead of a mouse?
4. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements?
5. Is your video card/graphics card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?
Please review and consider and then we can decide what next.
Thanks for your reply.
Adobe support people had solved the problem.
This problem occurs in Windows 8 computers. It has to be login as Administrator to activate Premiere Elements 13.
Other users can then used the program after the activation.
Thank for the reply with the wonderful news that can now open and use your Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 8 (assumed 64 bit).
This problem occurs in Windows 8 computers. It has to be login as Administrator to activate Premiere Elements 13
Premiere Elements (aside from 8) requires run from a user account with administrative privileges and be connect to the Internet for
program activation with access to key files.
Other users can then use the program after the activation.
I would agree if they are using your user account or have a user account to which you have given administrative privileges.
Did Adobe support suggest otherwise?
Best wishes moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.