• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing Results in Server Crash

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2007 Feb 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After publishing to the Web server several times, the server eventually crashes and has to be rebooted. Our network administrator thinks the RoboEngine is not releasing memory back to the server once it publishes the help files. Is that possibly what is happening? If so, is there a solution to get around the problem? After the server is rebooted, the help file seems to run just fine.

I can't keep having the administrator reboot the server; it prevents other agency departments and customers from accessing information on the agency website while the rebooting process is occurring.

Thanks,

Radford Bean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Radford Bean

From what you are describing, it would sound as if you are repeatedly publishing in fairly rapid succession. Maybe even multiple times per day? If this is the case, I'm not sure you are willing to scale back the publishing process? Perhaps once a week or so?

It's been my experience with RoboHelp and basic WebHelp that I might generate many times a day, but I might only have a need to actually publish on a weekly basis.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the feedback. I am indeed publishing several times because I am trying to figure out why I get inconsistencies in the synonym editor and why search results come up empty. I will have to publish to the internal server until I get the search results figured out, then publish to the external server. The problem only seems to affect the external server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp