1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 19, 2007 8:30 PM by Newsgroup_User

Willing to pay...

mikehump
      Hi guys,

I need someone to create a CF Guestbook on steriods for me.
      Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I haven't received a good entry in 8-12 months.
      All of a sudden, I started receiving garbage entries.

Good Entries:
      Good entries

Blocked garbage: Note: I've had up to 30 garbage entries in the past.
      Garbage entries blocked

I'm concerned that any solution given won't work because these anti-Christian jerks are distorting good entries made by my visitors. Any solid Referrals would be appreciated.

For any new solution, I would have to be able to import all my old MS Access entries into another guest book.

If I can get a very good CF Developer, I'd be willing to have someone review my current script if I can get normal entries again.

Mike

Send suggestions to mike.humphrey@rcn.com
        • 1. Re: Willing to pay...
          Level 7
          mikehump wrote:
          > I haven't received a good entry in 8-12 months.

depending on how you define "good", might be nobody can help with that. though
          you can do a lot to filter out many spammers if that's what you're after.

> Blocked garbage: Note: I've had up to 30 garbage entries in the past.

that's actually not very many.

> For any new solution, I would have to be able to import all my old MS Access
          > entries into another guest book.

well you can start by adding a Captcha component to your current guestbook form
          to make sure the comments are coming from a real human:

http://lyla.maestropublishing.com/ (it's free)

but i guess you have to weigh that against the extra work real people will have
          to do to make a comment (though these days probably most everyone's familiar
          w/this concept).