5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2015 10:31 AM by A.T. Romano

Troubles with Importing Clip - will not import the whole thing

james_cz

Hello, I have troubles importing the video clip I need to cut. The whole thing is 7:43 minutes long, PRE13 will import only 0:33.

The troubles started after I installed Bandicam, but Windows Movie Maker shows the whole clip, as VLC media player, as VirtualDub (that I used to capture the clip).

How do I fix this?

• 1. Re: Troubles with Importing Clip - will not import the whole thing
          A.T. Romano Level 7

james_cz

Premiere Elements 13 on what computer operating system? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Update?

Where is this problem clip coming from - Bandicam or some place else? One of these screen capture programs?

What are the properties of this file including file extension and the rest, such as

Video Compression

Audio Compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate - constant or variable frame rate

Interlaced or Progress

Pixel Aspect Ratio

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Troubles with Importing Clip - will not import the whole thing
            james_cz Level 1

Hello. I am Using 13.1 on Windows 7. The clip was captured with virtualdub as AVI, no idea why there is bandicamp decoder mention in the info.

Video Compression shows as Bandicam MJPG, Audio has no compression. Frame size is 1280*720p at 24 FPS.

• 3. Re: Troubles with Importing Clip - will not import the whole thing
              james_cz Level 1

OK I so I uninstalled Bandicam and its MPEG-1 decompress piece of software and everything works right now. So the problem will be in that program. Thanks, everything is solved. Kind of.

• 4. Re: Troubles with Importing Clip - will not import the whole thing
                A.T. Romano Level 7

james_cz

Thanks for the reply with additional information.

There might be more to the story, but the MotionJPEG.avi files are often problematic for Premiere Elements. The typical remedies are

1. If recorded from a camera, then determine if the camera came with a utility that can be downloaded and installed to the computer with your file

in order to provide the necessary video compression.

2. Convert the MotionJPEG.avi to a format compatible with Premiere Elements. If you have Movie Maker, determine if that will work for the conversion.

You could also try the free HandBrake for conversion to H.264.mp4 (1280 x 720 16:9 @ 23.98 progressive frames per second)....make sure the frame rate is constant and not variable for this HandBrake export. Then import the HandBrake H.264.mp4 into Premiere Elements project set for NTSC AVCHD AVCHD LITE 1280p24.

3. Download and install a MotionJPEG video codec from online...for informational rather than promotional reasons, I mention that the Morgan MotionJPEG video codec has worked for several in this regard. This codec is not free, but you can get a tryout and then make the decision if is worth the investment.

Please review and consider the above, and then we can discuss what next accordingly.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Troubles with Importing Clip - will not import the whole thing
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

james_cz

I did not see your post numbered 3 until after I had posted my reply in post 4.

Thanks for the good news that everything is working based on

I uninstalled Bandicam and its MPEG-1 decompress piece of software

Great job.

Best wishes

ATR