1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 8, 2015 7:03 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I save in a viewable format?

Premiereproblems!

I am struggling with saving my movie in a format that I can see (for example, mp4). I have saved using a bunch of the formats that are available in the drop down, but they are creating .mpg files and I can't view them.

• 1. Re: How do I save in a viewable format?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Premiere

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What is the player that you are using?

For now, I will assume that you are using Premiere Elements 11, 12, or 13 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

What are the properties of what you are putting on the project's Timeline?

And, what are your project settings?

The basic idea is to set up the project settings (you manually or the project automatically) to match your source properties.

After the editing phase and you are ready to export to a file saved to the computer hard drive, you go to Publish+Share/

Computer/ and make your choice. There is more than you can see for Computer choices. You use the thin scroll bar

to the right of the choices to scroll down to see the whole list.

If you want an export with a .mp4 file extension, then you should be looking at

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with one of the MP4 presets described with the properties comparable to your source.

You can also find an .mp4 export under

Publish+Share

Mobile Phones and Players

If you obtained a file with a .mpg file extension, I am guessing that you got as far as what you could see, that is, Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG.

Lots of possibilities...but keep in mind that .mp4 is just a file extension (container/wrapper format that wraps the important video and audio compressions).

So, we can discuss that further.

ATR