1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 13, 2007 8:07 PM by Newsgroup_User

AS for playing QT video

Jaroush
      Hi everyone,
      This may seem to be silly question,but I am new in Flash, so please don't laugh. I have a picture on one of my web pages. All i need is to link a Quick Time video file to it. So when someone will click on that photo, the video will load and play. That video file (clip1.mov) will be located in the same folder as Flash document itself. I had tried this AS:
      on(click) {
      play(clip1.mov);
      }

it is obviusly wrong because it gives me warning right when I click to check that AS.
      Thank you very much for any advise or help.
      Cheers
        • 1. Re: AS for playing QT video
          Level 7

Jaroush wrote:
          > Hi everyone,
          > This may seem to be silly question,but I am new in Flash, so please don't
          > laugh. I have a picture on one of my web pages. All i need is to link a Quick
          > Time video file to it. So when someone will click on that photo, the video will
          > load and play. That video file (clip1.mov) will be located in the same folder
          > as Flash document itself. I had tried this AS:
          > on(click) {
          > play(clip1.mov);
          > }

The above can't be done.
          Flash does not load any video format except FLV (flash video) and for that
          it require more than play action. It needs special playback component.
          What you could do if you want to stick with MOV is simply use getURL action
          which is something like HTML's regular HREF. All it will do is open a window
          with QT in it.

on (release) {
          getURL("movie.mov", "_blank");
          }

If you want to run it within flash than you need to encode it to FLV, import
          and the rest will be done automatically if you follow carefully the wizard.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

!!!!!!! Merry Christmas !!!!!!!
          &
          Happy New Year

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>