10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2007 11:07 PM by Law808

error: unable to publish

smaweb
      Hi,

I/we need your help. Our office is using Contribute 3 on Win XP. We were able to publish last week and days before then but are unable to publish any pages today 2/12/07. Unfortunately, the only error message that display when we attempt to publish pages is as follows, "Publishing your draft to the server... An error occurred. Please contact your administrator." Let me know if you need further info or have any ideas for us to try.

Thanks,
      Karl
        • 1. Re: error: unable to publish
          hmstrust
          I am having exactly the same problem. I was able to edit and publish pages a few weeks ago and yet when I tried yesterday I received an error message telling me Access was denied and to check the permissions!
          • 2. Re: error: unable to publish
            m gupta Level 1
            Please try removing the connection and creating the same once again.
            ~Manoj
            • 3. Re: error: unable to publish
              smaweb Level 1
              Manoj,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have tried it yesterday and am still receiving the vague error message of 'An error occurred. Please contact your administrator.' No error number to reference, just a vague error message. But this is not an isolated incident. The entire institute, including our office have not been able to publish since Monday, 2/12/07 but were able to prior to Monday. No settings have been changed. No servers have been updated or upgraded. I have contacted Adobe yesterday and was informed that my Macromedia license is not legitimate, this may play a role??? But, it shouldn't as one agent had confirmed that it was registered with Macromedia. However, if it does, Adobe should take action.

Karl

• 4. Re: error: unable to publish
                Level 7
                > Manoj,
                >
                > Thank you for your suggestion. I have tried it yesterday and am still
                > receiving the vague error message of 'An error occurred. Please
                > contact your administrator.' No error number to reference, just a
                > vague error message. But this is not an isolated incident. The entire
                > institute, including our office have not been able to publish since
                > Monday, 2/12/07 but were able to prior to Monday. No settings have
                > been changed. No servers have been updated or upgraded. I have
                > contacted Adobe yesterday and was informed that my Macromedia license
                > is not legitimate, this may play a role??? But, it shouldn't as one
                > agent had confirmed that it was registered with Macromedia. However,
                > if it does, Adobe should take action.
                >
                > Karl
                >

Hi Karl,

Can you send me the details about your server.
                Also have you installed any Windows patch ?

Regards,
                Avinash

• 5. Re: error: unable to publish
                  smaweb Level 1
                  Avinash,

Our IS team have isolated the problem on a specific server. Unfortunately, I am in no position to provide you with the server information. However, I appreciate your offer to assist in this issue.

Karl
                  • 6. Re: error: unable to publish
                    NONA2254
                    have you gotten any resolution with your error access denied?
                    I am experienceing the same thing, I cannot delete my connections or I will lose all of my hard work on the drafts.
                    i am so aggravated.
                    • 7. Re: error: unable to publish
                      hmstrust Level 1
                      Our IT support has fixed this problem for me but I don't know how or what went wrong except that our whole network was down yesterday and while he was fixing the network he also managed to fix this problem for me. Unfortunately he is not on site & was here after I had left the office so I cannot ask him what he did.
                      • 8. Re: error: unable to publish
                        smaweb Level 1
                        Like hmstrust's response, this seems to be a server issue at the user's side and not with Contribute. Unlike hmstrust our IT has not yet resolved this issue. So, for now, we do our edits via Dreamweaver. In response to you loosing your drafts, I suggest copying your edits to a text file until someone can upload your changes or you, again can make the changes.
                        • 9. Re: error: unable to publish
                          rusky
                          I am having the same trouble with all of my clients, and it seems to be something to do with upgrading to IE7 browser - that is the one common denominator between all of my clients (and me).
                          Do all my clients have to upgrade to Contribute 4 or does anyone know of a patch that is available??
                          • 10. Re: error: unable to publish
                            Law808 Level 1
                            Hello!

I am having a similar issue too. I was having the same issue
                            with publishing like you. But, I'm able to publish to my web server now.

But, for some reason I'm unable to publish to my folders. I first make a copy of the new page I want to publish. Then I click Publish > Choose Folder... then a screen pops up saying "Waiting for Web Server." It seems slow as the bar on the screen won't move. All the other options freeze. Then I have to shut it down.

Anyone know why?