3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2015 11:51 AM by A.T. Romano

Time stretch has stopped working in Premiere Elements 13.

Chris.M.Stanley

I've downloaded the latest Adobe updates. I am using a Windows 8 64 bit computer. I have previously (in the last few weeks) used time stretch to speed up and slow down without any problems but now I can't get it to work in any of my projects. All video files shot with an iPod Touch or iPhone. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

• 1. Re: Time stretch has stopped working in Premiere Elements 13.
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It might help if you detailed what happens when you TRY to use Time Stretch.

Does the program simply not show you the option? Or does it show you the option but the Time Stretch screen doesn't open? Or does the Time Stretch screen open but, when you click OK, your changes are not applied? Each of these would indicate a very different issue.

Do you get the same result if you work with camcorder footage? MOVs can pose some unique issues.

And finally, what happens if you use Time Remapping rather than the Time Stretch tool? It's a much more advanced version of Time Stretch.

• 2. Re: Time stretch has stopped working in Premiere Elements 13.
            Chris.M.Stanley Level 1

Hi Steve - all good points, thanks for your reply. Yes, I can see the option to Time Stretch but when I click on them (or Ctrl R), nothing happens.

Unfortunately I don't have any camcorder footage, but I've always been able to do it with MOVs in the past.

And finally - I've never heard of Time Remapping! Will endeavour to find out.

Thanks again.

Chris

• 3. Re: Time stretch has stopped working in Premiere Elements 13.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

As a point of reference for your Premiere Elements 13 question, I have a iPod Touch 4th generation (H.264.mov 1280 x 720 @ 24 progressive frames per second), and I have no problems using Time Stretch or Time Remapping in a 13/13.1 project or other versions.

I would invoke the interference of a possible variable frame rate rather than a constant one involved with your particular type of video (from iPod or iPhone) and Time Stretch, but I am not having any problem with my iPod Touch video (with minimal variable frame rate) and Time Stretch in Premiere Elements. If you want to explore that idea further, you could convert your video's variable frame into a constant one using the free HandBrake program. Then import HandBrake's  H.264.mp4 export into your Premiere Elements 13/13.1 project and determine if you can then apply Time Stretch to that clip.

Have you applied the Shake Stabilizer to your clip before trying to apply the Time Stretch? For that matter, what effects, if any, have you applied to your video clip before trying to apply Time Stretch to it?

All of the above is based on Time Stretch no working for you in a new project with new source media.

ATR