3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2007 4:13 AM by RobHack

Coping Files

RobHack Level 1
      Hi I have developed a touch screen presentation which is preinstalled on the kiosks before they are placed in the remote locations.

I now am developing a "UPDATE" disk that will allow a NON technical person to update the presentation.

The plan is like this:
      User quits the exsting running presentation by touching a hidden button and selecting "quit"
      Put new CD into drive.
      A autorun runs the projector and the user selects a update button.
      Files are copied from the CD to the Hard drive writing over the exsisting files
      Screen returns a message "Files copied"
      User touches a "OK " button and the pc reboots (the projector is in the "Start" menu so the presentaion starts automaticly after boot)

The script I need halp with is to copy the files from the CD to the Hard drive. Tried IOXtra but could not get it to work.

Any help or comments welcome

Thanks R
        • 1. Re: Coping Files
          Lukewig Level 1
          > The script I need halp with is to copy the files from the CD to the Hard drive.

The script to copy the files from the CD to the Hard drive is the easiest step of the whole system...

(using BuddyAPI see www.mods.com.au)

Result = baCopyFile( SourceFile , DestFile , Overwrite )

There are also functions for copying with progress bar and copying multile files

-- Luke
          • 2. Re: Coping Files
            Level 7
            You can run a batch file from an autorun.inf file, so if the files are in a
            fixed location you can just use the "DOS" copy command in the .bat file.

Andrew

• 3. Re: Coping Files
              RobHack Level 1
              Thanks the Buddy API worked great just what I wanted...

Thanks also for the suggestion using dos commands...

RobH