3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2015 1:00 PM by IsakTen

one signature for multiple pages at the same time

wplotts723

I may not be describing this properly in the search feature, so I am asking here. Let me explain a little more, I am trying to reduce the number of times my customer's have to sign their names on contracts. Is there a way that I can have them sign their name where it says "Sign here" and it automatically signs other pages with "Sign here on them"?

Thanks

• 1. Re: one signature for multiple pages at the same time
          IsakTen Level 4

Are you using digital signatures based on digital certificates? If yes, then the signature covers all documents regardless on which page its appearance is set. The same happens if you use a server-based e-signature service like EchoSign. If your signature is just a stamp or an image (which ultimately is also a stamp) then there is no association between the signature and the signed content, so the page on which it appears is irrelevant.

• 2. Re: one signature for multiple pages at the same time
            wplotts723 Level 1

I need to have individual pages show the signature. I haven't used any digital signatures or a server based signatures. They also need to be able to sign with a tablet.

I am not even sure it is possible with acrobat, just hoping to help reduce the hassle for our customers.

Thanks for the info though.

• 3. Re: one signature for multiple pages at the same time
              IsakTen Level 4

So, you are using stamps as signatures (scribed, image, text, etc). In this case you need to prepare your document for signing.

1. Create a form field to hold the signature image on each page and give each of them distinct names. Create and associate with these fields a JavaScript that does the following, when the user places his signature in one field, this JavaScript propagates this signature to all other per-defined fields by their names. If you want you can set these fields up in such a way that the signer must sign just one specific field (like the last one) and then your JavaScript will copy the content of this field to other fields. You need knowledge of JavaScripts and Acrobat JavaScript APIs in order to do that. But once you learned to do that it is a pretty simple and straightforward process.