6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2015 4:15 PM by A.T. Romano

how do rotate a video ???

salvatorea65906038

how do you rotate a video??

• 1. Re: how do rotate a video ???
          whsprague Level 4

Select a clip or clips in the timeline, right click and pick Rotate.

• 2. Re: how do rotate a video ???
            A.T. Romano Level 7

salvatorea

What version Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system?

If you are using Premiere Elements 11, 12, or 13 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, select/highlight the clip for rotation, and then

go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded. In the middle of the Motion Panel expanded

you will find the rotation feature. In this route you do have more rotation opportunities, but it is a one at a time.

You can also rotate the clip with lesser options, by right clicking the clip, and, in the pop up menu, select Rotate 90 Right or

Rotate 90 Left. I have observed that you can select more than one clip at a time and have the Rotate 90 Right or Rotate 90 Left

applied to the selected clips.

We look forward to learning of your results as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: how do rotate a video ???
              salvatorea65906038 Level 1

I used the timeline feature and rotated the video and it worked Okay within Premiere elements 12.

Now i need to create an Mp4 formatted version of clip, so I can load it to my Microsoft one drive to play on my TV

How do I do that?

this may be a very basic question.

Thank you

• 4. Re: how do rotate a video ???
                A.T. Romano Level 7

salvatorea

Thanks for the reply. Glad the rotation of the video was a success. Great job.

If you want to export your clip with a .mp4 file extension, there are two possibilities in Premiere Elements (and your version 12/12.1)...

For H.264.mp4

First choice...

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

and use one of the MP4 Presets...if your video is 1920 x 1080p30, good choice would be

Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30.

Second choice...

Publish+Share

Mobile Phones and Players

Apple iPod, iPad and IPhone

and use one of the Presets most appropriate to the format of what you have on the project's Timeline.

If you have any questions on the above, please do not hesitate to let me. Also, include detail of your project

settings and source media properties

a. Project Setting...See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel

Aspect Ratio (even if fields look grayed out)

b. Source Media - frame size, frame rate and such. Sometimes knowing the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded

the video will tell us all we need to know for this.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: how do rotate a video ???
                  PIBZY

Right click and click turn 90 degrees if ur using premiere elements 12.

• 6. Re: how do rotate a video ???
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

PIBZY

There is more than one way to rotate the video or still in Premiere Elements 12 and other versions.

The "right click and..." as we all (including you) have mentioned is detailed in post 2 along with the other way using

the route to the rotation feature in Motion Panel expanded.

Did you see those details? If not, if you have any questions about using them, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR