2 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2015 1:29 PM by someusers

After Effects crashes when switching between apps (Mac) & After Effects refuses to start after enabling logging

SFvdB Level 1

Hey there,

When I switch between (for instance) Illustrator and AE the program seems to have a higher probability of crashing. I have not been able to determine exactly why this occurs.

Often I copy-paste shapes from AI to AE, but this doesn't always crash AE. It could be the speed with which I switch between programs, but I am not sure yet about that.

Also, it breaks the sound driver somehow and Spotify (running in the background) stops playing. Restarting Spotify fixes that problem.

AE crashes and does so frustratingly often. I have been sending Crash Reports but so far no help.

I just enabled logging - which also caused AE to fail. This time when (re)starting the program. It wouldn't start but also didn't show up as hung in OSX's Force Quit dialog. It wouldn't respond to Force Quits and hung my system when I tried to reboot. Had to manually restart my Mac Pro.

Okay, variable time!

Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3 GHz 8-Core

64 Gb ram

OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

After Effects CC 2014 with latest updates

Illustrator CC (not 2014) ditto with latest updates

It doesn't behave like this on my iMac at home.

Any advice would be (very) welcome at this time.