• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design-Time seems to be read-only

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2007 Feb 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After inserting a design-time control (related topics), the control seems to be read-only. I cannot add and related topics to the control, nor can I check the properties for the control. It is simply an empty control. I recently received a new laptop and reloaded robohelp, but I'm not sure if that is problem. I don't think it is because earlier today I did a copy-n-paste to create a new file and the related topics control worked. I was able to remove jumps from the control as well as add jumps. However, now the same problem is occurring in those files as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2007 Feb 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SEChris. Was RH installed on your laptop with full administrator rights? If so, it may be worth unistalling and reinstalling again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2007 Feb 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have full privileges. Just to make sure, I removed and reloaded RH, but problem still exists. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2007 Feb 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is different from your old laptop to your new one? RH version? Windows OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH & OS are same. RH version 9.2 build 566, Windows XP Professional V2002 SP2. I did get an Office Word version not supported when I installed RH, but that is fine. I am only using RH for on-line compilation. I'm thinking that some .dll or .ocx might not have registered properly, but I'm not sure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm! 9.2 is an old, old version and I'm guessing that your Word version is up to date if you've a new laptop. I may be way off the mark here but if 9.2 only supports an older version of Word and you choose to ignore this perhaps you are inviting problems. Can you get a version of Word that is supported by RH9.2 installed and see if the problem goes away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yeah, we're in the dark ages here. Not really, we do all our work in xml here with the exception of tutorials & SDK help, which is what I'm working on. I loaded an older version of office and reloaded RH, but the problem is still there. I'm working on a deadline, but thankfully I only have a few more files that I have to create. I can work from my old pc and figure this problem out afterwards. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp