3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2015 7:03 PM by A.T. Romano

I’m currently experiencing problems loading Premiere Elements 8

anthonyt4297020

Hi there, I’m currently experiencing problems loading Premiere Elements 8. When I click on the Adobe icon to launch the programme, I get the ‘’Welcome To Premiere Elements 8’’ and the options to ‘’Organize’’ ‘’New Project’’ or ‘’Open Project’’ but by clicking on any of these options, all I get is the screen with ‘’pre, File, Edit, Clip, Timeline, Disc, Title, Window, Help, Save, Undo, Redo, Full Screen and Home’’ along the top, but nothing loads. I’ve also got Adobe Photoshop 8 on the same Sony Vaio laptop. The both programmes were purchased at the same time as the Sony Vaio laptop.  I would much appreciate your help with this problem.

• 1. Re: I’m currently experiencing problems loading Premiere Elements 8
          A.T. Romano Level 7

anthonyt

Please confirm...

When you get to it what happens when you click on File Menu/New/Project?

Is Photoshop Elements still working, just not Premiere Elements 8.

What was the last time that Premiere Elements 8 worked for you (both Editor and Elements Organizer parts)?

Let us go over the usual questions....

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

2. Are you working from the 8.0.1 Update of the program?

3. Are you working with automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer features disabled?

4. Is you video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

5. Are you working with a pen and tablet device instead of mouse?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I’m currently experiencing problems loading Premiere Elements 8
            anthonyt4297020 Level 1

Hi A.T. Romano.

Firstly thanks for replying. When I click on ‘’File’’ at the top of the screen within Premiere Elements 8, all I see is ‘’New/Open Project & Exit’’ all the rest of the options are greyed out. All the other headings along the top of the screen ‘’Edit/Clip/Timeline/Disc/Title/Window ’’ when clicked, the options are also greyed out. When you click on ‘’Help’’ along the top of the screen, ‘’Registration/Deactivate and Updates are also greyed out. Photoshop 8 is working as normal as far as I can tell. The last time Premiere Elements 8 worked O.K. was probably sometime early last year as I haven’t done any video editing for a while. The problem also exists with or without the firewall & antivirus. Premiere Elements 8 is currently the version you stated. The GeForce GT 425M Video card has the latest driver. I’m also using a mouse with my Sony Vaio VCF1 laptop. The CPU is Intel(R) Core™ i5 M560 2.67GHz. I hope this helps.

• 3. Re: I’m currently experiencing problems loading Premiere Elements 8
              A.T. Romano Level 7

anthonyt

Thanks for the reply with additional information. Two troubleshooting suggestions for now

I may have forgotten to ask

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1?

And, please double check that automatic Background Rendering is disabled in Premiere Elements Editor Edit Menu/Preferences/General

and so is AutoAnalyzer Options in Elements Organizer 9 Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalzyer options.

Please consider...

1. Deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if that does not resolve the problem, the delete the whole 8.0 Folder

in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 8.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not resolve the problem, then delete the

whole 8.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Please make sure that Folder Options Show Hidden Files,

Folders, and Drives is enabled so that you can see the complete path cited.

2. If necessary

a. Uninstall the usual Control Panel way

b. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts)

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

c. Reinstall the program with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

d. Download and reinstall the 8.0.1 Update

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0.1 update