What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?
Please try the following 12 solutions and then let us know if any of them worked for you.
Have you gone through the usual drill questions
1. Does the problem exist with or without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?
2. Are you running the program as Administrator?
3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 12?
4. Are you using a pen and tablet device instead of a mouse?
5. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?
Have you done any uninstall/reinstall of the program yet? If not, hold off doing that until you evaluate the above.
And, when you uninstall/reinstall, please use the scheme
a. uninstall the usual Control Panel way
b. do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts)
If Mac CCleaner - Download
c. reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.
We will be watching for your progress.