2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2015 8:43 AM by d_mathis

push windows trusted root certificate to adobe trusted store/certificate

Nitin Harikant

Hi,

Can we push windows trusted root certificate to adobe trusted store/certificate ?

Regards,

Nitin Harikant

• 1. Re: push windows trusted root certificate to adobe trusted store/certificate
          IsakTen Level 4

Acrobat/Reader on Windows uses Windows Trusted Certificates by default. If you want to have them in Acrobat's trusted store as well, you can export them from the Windows store (public key only) and then import the exported .cer files into the Acrobat's trusted certificates store.

• 2. Re: push windows trusted root certificate to adobe trusted store/certificate
            d_mathis Level 1

I have tried something similar by trying to import the Windows Cert Store into Adobe, but I never did have it work. I just recently found the option is XI for Adobe to look at the Windows store itself.

XI: Edit > Preferences > Signature > (Verification) More... > (Windows Integration) Check Validating Signatures, Check validating Certified Documents

It should happen right away; although I will note I am having issues with this working for Non-Admins on a Terminal Server. Might be a privilege issue.

If you want to set via GPO:

Key Path: Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\11.0\Security\cASPKI\cMSCAPI_DirectoryProvider

Value Name: iMSStoreTrusted

Value Type: Reg_DWORD

Value Data: 62, or 60 (Hex)

Link: Digital Signatures

1 person found this helpful