5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 6:50 AM by Szalam

hey i need some help plz it's urgent

fadis12439300

hi i have a 7s video of a car moving on a road and the camera have a little movement from bottom to top. but what i really wanna do is to make fire behind it so it looks cool and fast. but i need to make it real as possible as i can. does anyone knows how to do it plz i need help! thank you

• 1. Re: hey i need some help plz it's urgent
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

What specific parts are giving you trouble? What have you tried so far?

Without knowing the answers to these questions and how familiar you already are with After Effects, all that I can do is to recommend that you spend some time here learning the basics first:

http://adobe.ly/AE_basics

• 2. Re: hey i need some help plz it's urgent
            fadis12439300 Level 1

i know the basics and i've tried the the practical world effect but at some point i lost control! especially that it's not showing in my video its showing as a black image or smthg like that. what do i have to do first ? track the motion of the camera and the motion of the car ?

• 3. Re: hey i need some help plz it's urgent
              bogiesan Level 4

fadis12439300 wrote:

i know the basics and i've tried the the practical world effect but at some point i lost control! especially that it's not showing in my video its showing as a black image or smthg like that. what do i have to do first ? track the motion of the camera and the motion of the car ?

Particle World, surely.

PW is applied to a solid, not to your car layer.

Particles and transparency are advanced functions. Tracking your particle emitter to the car is even more complicated. Adding smoke and a floor for the sparks to bounce off is even more complicated. None of these effects can be dealt with in these little posts. Hit the inter webs and youtube and look for tutorials for Particle World. I don't think you'll find a video of any value that runs for less than about 30 minutes. PW is stupidly complex.

• 4. Re: hey i need some help plz it's urgent
                fadis12439300 Level 1

i can't find any usefull tutorials and that's my problem!

• 5. Re: hey i need some help plz it's urgent
                  Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

And I agree with Todd, if you haven't used AE much, you can't do advanced effects like this. AE is not something you can just jump into. Follow Todd's link and prepare to spend several days becoming familiar with how to use AE before you even begin advanced effects like this.