3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2015 3:19 PM by bogiesan

Texts

Supersomeone123

Hi all,

I'd like to know if there is a way to quickly copy multiple times the same word in the same layer

So if i want to make a sun through a word i will make something like this

sun       

sunsunsun

sun

In photoshop for example i can create a text brush (in After Effects i can't, right?) and i can make the same in Flash CS6 (using the 3d brush) but it slows down the program

So how can i solve this problem?

- It should not be "heavy"

- I would like to have total control of what i can make (like what i can make using Photoshop brushes and Flash 3d brush tool)

• 1. Re: Texts
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

How about making multiple duplicates of the text layer and positioning them as necessary?  Would that work?  You'd have as much control as you seem to want, too.....

• 2. Re: Texts
            Supersomeone123 Level 1

This could be a solution if I wanted to create only an object in that way..

Instead I would like to make everything in the video in that way.

• 3. Re: Texts
              bogiesan Level 4

So how can i solve this problem?

- It should not be "heavy"

- I would like to have total control of what i can make (like what i can make using Photoshop brushes and Flash 3d brush tool)

It's not really a problem. It's a design challenge. When you get familiar with the AE interface you will know how to approach your projects within the constraints of AE's features and capabilities. If you really want to do typography that resolves into shapes, you will probably use Photoshop to build your object and then bring it to AE. If you want to be able to control the individual iterations of "sun" so they can be off screen and elegantly move to form your sun shape, then, of course, you would use LaRonde's suggestion because each element would require keyframing individual vector pathways.