5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2016 4:46 PM by resdesign

"My Snippits" code snippet location?

proberts Level 2

Where are the entries to the "My Snippits" code snippet window actually stored?  I'd like to sync these across two computers.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: "My Snippits" code snippet location?
          resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have posted a request for this some time ago now. I am not sure where it is on the list of things to do but it seems to me it should be a must.

Hopefully we can find out where this is -

I would assume it would be in user preferences. Try below:

• Mac OS: In the Finder, navigate to /Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences/Adobe.
          • Windows: In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe.
          • 2. Re: "My Snippits" code snippet location?
            proberts Level 2

Found it; the caveat being there are separate code snippet files for each version of Animate, I currently use both CC 2014(4.0.1) and CC 2014.1(5.0.1):

(for Mac OS):   ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Edge Animate/(version number)/codeSnippets/codeSnippet.json

I set up both versions as symbolic links to a common codeSnippet folder in my Creative Cloud folder.

• 3. Re: "My Snippits" code snippet location?

Cool! hopefully this will be something that the team will actually add so we do not have to hunt it down! A cloud version could serve all versions we have at the same time.

• 4. Re: "My Snippits" code snippet location?
                akouns Level 1

Can you explain to me how you did this "symbolic links" thing you refer to. I am trying to do the same thing you were here. I would like to be able to share snippets with a team of developers. If I can get this process to work with the snippets hopefully I can do the same thing with template files as well. We are all on PCs.

• 5. Re: "My Snippits" code snippet location?

NOTE: YOU NEED TO HAVE HIDDEN ITEMS CHECKED IN EXPLORER IN ORDER TO SEE THE APPDATA FOLDER

If you are still using edge animate, you can share you code snippets json file situated in the folders path as mentioned above:

• Mac OS: In the Finder, navigate to /Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences/Adobe.
                  • Windows: In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe.

Then you will find the Abobe/Edge Animate folder and then the different versions folders.

WINDOWS

snippet path-1.png

and the code snippet folder where the codeSnippet.json is located.

snippet path-2.png