3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 9:07 AM by A.T. Romano

Newblue Noise Reducer Offline in Premiere Elements 12

cheryln15758664

I've been using the Newblue Noise Reducer in Premiere Elements 12, but it's all the sudden gone offline. Does anyone know how I get it back? When I open a new project, the effect won't even show up under audio effects anymore, and when I open a project that I previously used it in, it says it's "Offline (filter unavailable)."

• 1. Re: Newblue Noise Reducer Offline in Premiere Elements 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

cheryln

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running?

For now, I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Do you have Premiere Elements 12 installed to the default Local Disk C location?

Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Can you find the NewBlue Noise Reducer AB.dll at the end of the path in the scrubbers Folder?

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 12

Plug-ins

Common

VST Plugins

NewBlue FX

scrubbers

Let us start with

1. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file found

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not resolve the problem, then delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path cited.

Please let us know the outcome from that. Then we can decide what next which might include an program uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts), and then the reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled. Please confirm if any other fx Effect is also missing.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Newblue Noise Reducer Offline in Premiere Elements 12
            cheryln15758664 Level 1

I'm actually on a Mac, OS X Yosemite version 10.10.3. Thanks so much for helping!

• 3. Re: Newblue Noise Reducer Offline in Premiere Elements 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

cheryln

Thanks for the reply.

Since you have Premiere Elements on Mac, please determine if you can locate and delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file

Users/Owner/Libraries/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/12.0

I am strictly an Elements Windows user but hope we can find some common ground for troubleshooting this issue.

At this time, I am not having any issues with the NewBlue Noise Reducer under fx Effects/audio/ - on Windows 7 or 8.1 64 bit.

The uninstall/reinstall as described previously should be considered if the deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file does

not remedy the situation.

(The free ccleaner for Mac would be

CCleaner - Download

Looking forward to your results as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR