5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 3:33 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I un link a picture (not a video) from my project without altering the audio.

brooklynb14347889

How do I un link a picture (not a video) from my project without altering the audio. It is not allowing me the option to unlink the two. If I move the picture in my timeline it moves the audio and it messes up my audio track. The tab that is suppose to allow me to un link or un group is not allowing me to choose. Is this because it is a picture and not a video? I can't seem to figure it out. Please help

• 1. Re: How do I un link a picture (not a video) from my project without altering the audio.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

brooklyn

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

How did the photo and audio get linked together in the first place?

You should be able to separate the linked photo audio either

a. Right click the linked photo audio on the Timeline (Video 1/Audio 1), and, in the pop up menu, select Ungroup.

or

b. Select the linked photo audio on the Timeline (Video 1/Audio 1), go to Clip Menu/Ungroup.

In the state that things are in now, are you saying

a. when you move the photo, the audio moves with it.

or

b. when you move the photo, it messes up the existing Timeline audio and whatever

If you think that a screenshot of the Timeline content would help, then please include one with your reply.

If not, we will continue to exchange troubleshooting information in a written format.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I un link a picture (not a video) from my project without altering the audio.
            brooklynb14347889 Level 1

this would be the trial version of Adobe Elements 13 on windows laptop. I am assuming that the audio and the picture were automatically linked together when a priject is started. If that is not correct information then please clarify that for me.

So yes, I am in the "Expert" part of the project in Adobe premeire Elements 13 and I have added the audio with the pictures ontop of the track.. When I add my picture and I move the pictures around the audio clips move also and it leaves a gap in the audio. This leaves me with having trouble getting the audio back in its proper place to get my video and audio in the right places. I didn't have this problem with Adobe Premiere when I used it. I was able to move pictures and videos without the rrouble of the audio moving with it. Is it because it is the trial version? I'm using the elements because it is something that I may purchase if it benefits me. I can't seem to get past this part of my audio moving along when I move my pictures or videos. I also see where I can go under the clips tab and it does not allow me to click on the un group tab because it is not an option. It only allows me to click "Enable".  I can send you a snap shot of the problem later when I'm at he but not at the moment.

• 3. Re: How do I un link a picture (not a video) from my project without altering the audio.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

brooklyn

You specifically referred to picture (not a video) linked to an audio. That meant to me that you imported a still picture file and an audio file separately into a project and then went about selecting both at the same time, going to Edit Menu/Group to link them so that they would move together. If you had imported a video which included audio in the same file, then the video and audio would be imported linked (Video 1/Audio 1). All that had to do with my asking you

How did the photo and audio get linked together in the first place?

Was there any chance the a jpeg with embedded music is involved in any of this?

But, I think that your problem revolves around

When I add my picture and I move the pictures around the audio clips move also and it leaves a gap in the audio.

When you add files to an existing Timeline content, you need to make the addition holding down the Ctrl or the Alt key of the computer

main keyboard in order to avoid disturbing the existing Timeline content. The disturbance can extend even to splitting audio files.

If you want to avoid whole blocks of files having their individual components moving around in unwanted fashion, you can select all at one time

the files in a block and use the Clip Menu/Group command on them.

For informational and non promotional purchases, I post the following video tutorial (link available free online) which demonstrates arranging clips on

the Timeline and using modifier keys (Ctrl or Alt).

Premiere Elements: Arranging clips on the Timeline using modifier keys | lynda.com - YouTube

Please review and consider and then we can decide if you need clarification on any of the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: How do I un link a picture (not a video) from my project without altering the audio.
                brooklynb14347889 Level 1

tthis tutorial was everything I needed to know... Thank You so much.. you Answered all of my questionst

• 5. Re: How do I un link a picture (not a video) from my project without altering the audio.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

brooklynb

Thank you for the reply with the wonderful news that you have the information requested so that you are moving forward

with your Premiere Elements projects. Great job.

Adding media to an existing Timeline without disturbing the existing Timeline is not the easiest of Premiere Elements tasks and gets complicated at times.

Best wishes

ATR