3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2015 2:34 PM by kglad

Navigation on a long timeline

wfzen Level 1

Do you know of any tips and tricks to navigate quickly to the right spot on a long timeline (~ 5000 frames)?

For example, can you click on a layer and go to the first frame of the layer with content? can you jump between labels quickly?

Thanks for any suggestions,

• 1. Re: Navigation on a long timeline
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you can click on an object (eg, button, movieclip), but you can't click on a layer.  other than accuracy, the previous sentence is no limitation on what you can do in flash.

and again to be accurate, you can go to any frame (that's loaded) in any movieclip (using actionscript):

anymovieclip.gotoAndPlay('anyframe");

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Navigation on a long timeline
            wfzen Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I'm talking about the navigation in the development not in runtime. Where do you enter gotoAndPlay to a specific frame in Flash?

As I explore, I got an idea to navigate. In the frames (labels in my case), I'd like to go quickly, I added comment sign (//) without any code. Then the frame shows up in the script window. I can identify the specific area as the label shows up inside (). Click on it, it goes to the frame directly. This should help!

Are there shortcuts in Timeline? e.g. advance 100 frames, etc?

Thanks,

• 3. Re: Navigation on a long timeline
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

actionscript is added to the actions panel or class files and is only used in runtime.

you can check the keyboard shortcuts by clicking edit>keyboard shortucts, but i'm not aware of any shortcuts to advance 100 frames.  otoh, it's not too time-consuming to drag the timeline scrollbar.

1 person found this helpful