1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 6:49 PM by A.T. Romano

Random Repeats

mcdude17

Whenever I use Premiere Elements to edit a longer, continuous video (~5-10 minutes per clip), and occasionally even shorter clips (<2 minutes per clip), it has a lagging effect, and seems to repeat itself at random. I'm sorry if this sounds vague, but I don't know how to explain it. I am running Windows 7. Does someone know why this is happening?

• 1. Re: Random Repeats
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mcdude17

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

As for your issue, might you describe it as a spontaneously looping of video and or video?

1. What are the properties of this Timeline continuous file with the lagging issue?

a. If you offer the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video, we should be able

to figure out the video properties from a look up of the camera information. What I am looking for

video compression

audio compression

frame size

frame rate

interlaced or progressive

file extension

pixel aspect ratio

b. What is the project preset being set (by you manually or the program automatically) to match the

properties of the source video?

c. When you are viewing the problematic continuous video, is there an orange line over its Timeline content

(if Premiere Elements earlier than 11, then the line would be red)?

d. If the color line is there, do you Timeline render the Timeline content to get the best possible preview?

2. If you start a new project, does the problem still exist for the same source media?

If you start a new project, with new source media, does the problem still exist?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR