6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2015 6:18 AM by frammajoy

Thought I already asked this, but don't see it.  Want to know what the "Render" feature is for and how you use it.

frammajoy

I've watched several of the tutorials.  I was able to upload a video yesterday to YouTube, but today, I made a new video, and after three tries, never could get it to upload.  Kept getting an error asking if I wanted to TRY AGAIN.  

As I was editing my video, the sound never seemed to work right with the video.  The video would freeze, and the sound would keep going.  Strange.  I figured I needed to push "Render", but have no idea what it does.  Can't find a tut on it.

Any help will be much appreciated.  I have six versions of PS, and I have never been able to get videos to upload to YouTube except for the one I got to go yesterday.  Failure today.

Joy

• 1. Re: Thought I already asked this, but don't see it.  Want to know what the "Render" feature is for and how you use it.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Joy

Big question. After you pressed the Render button and the Timeline rendering was completed, did the video portion play back better in the Edit area monitor?

Timeline rendering is just a preview feature. It does not fix a problem. It is the program telling you if you are viewing the best possible preview that the project has to offer. The program uses a color indicator line over the Timeline content to tell you if you are seeing the best possible preview.

No color line  or green line = you are seeing the best possible preview, no Timeline rendering needed or available. In this condition, if you hit the Render button, all you will do is play back the Timeline content in the monitor...no Timeline Rendering. An orange line over the Timeline content is the program telling you that you do not have the best possible preview and in order get that you need do Timeline rendering. You can do that

a. pressing the Render button above the Timeline area

b. going to Timeline Menu/Render Work Area or use the shortcut for that, just press the Enter Key of the computer main keyboard.

You do not have to do Timeline rendering, but it is your window of opportunity to catch a problem sooner than later. It is particularly indicated

when for titles, effects, transitions, and non native formats.

And, if you are getting the orange line over content suggesting that you do Timeline rendering, you can select the area where you

want the rendering done under that orange line.....you set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span the area that you want rendered.

Also, the process of Timeline rendering deposits preview files on your hard drive automatically. These preview fields for a SD project are DV AVI files (whether you render a still or video file) and for HD project are MPEG2.mpg files (whether you render a still or video file). You should keep watch for pile ups of those preview files if you are getting in a free hard drive space crunch.

Screenshot from Premiere Elements 11

Render11.JPG

This screenshot is from Premiere Elements 12

Render.JPG

I could go on and on about Timeline Rendering. Do you want more?

As for the workflow problems that you are now having, have we discussed them before. I will look for any of your prior threads to see

if we have talked about these problems before.

Please let me know if you are OK with the above.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Thought I already asked this, but don't see it.  Want to know what the "Render" feature is for and how you use it.
            frammajoy Level 1

My video seems to be in a format that will NOT go to Youtube.  How do I SAVE IT in a format that will go to Youtube?  I think it is .prv (which is preview according to you). I've tried again to day to upload it, but it won't go.

Thanks,

Joy

http://joyful-expressions.blogspot.com

THIS IS THE DAY THE LORD HAS MADE, I WILL REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT!                 

Ps. 118:24

• 3. Re: Thought I already asked this, but don't see it.  Want to know what the "Render" feature is for and how you use it.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Joy

Thanks for the update.

We need to backup and consider. For now let us focus on getting your Timeline content uploaded to YouTube for viewing there.

Timeline rendering and the automatic files/folders that it produces in doing that are for preview purposes, and these preview files are not going to YouTube.

Check list....

For Timeline Content 2.2 GB 15 minutes of Less

1. Import your video that you want to be seen on YouTube from its hard drive save location into the project's Timeline

Do your edits.

2. Then from the Edit area Timeline, go to Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube

If you have a 1920 x 1080 project, then you select the YouTube's preset = High Definition Video for YouTube - 1920 x 1080

Hit Next and follow the instructions.

For Timeline Content Over 2.2 GB 15 minutes

1. Import your source media from their hard drive save location into the project's Timeline

2. Then from the Edit area Timeline, go to Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and set Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30.

Give the export a name and set a Save In location. For now, the computer desktop is a good choice for the save.  Hit Save.

3. From the save location of this file that you created and saved, upload it to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

You will need to create an extended time account at YouTube in order to upload your 15 minutes plus video there.

Once you have this extended time account and use it successfully at YouTube for your 15 minutes plus videos, you still cannot

use it when you go to upload your Timeline to YouTube using 13's YouTube built in feature.

Please let me know if you are OK with the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Thought I already asked this, but don't see it.  Want to know what the "Render" feature is for and how you use it.
                frammajoy Level 1

I already know all of that stuff!  I have been uploading videos to Youtube for YEARS.  I was using Real Player to do it before I purchased PS Premiere 13.  I have several other versions of PS Premiere, but I have NEVER been able to get the videos to upload.

What is worse is now that I have put PS Premiere 13 in my computer, Real Player won't upload my videos anymore.  t doesn't seem to be able to find them either from the camera or PS Premiere 13 or files and folders or anywhere. 

The format that PSP 13 is using doesn't go with anything else I have, and Youtube doesn't seem to like it either. 

VERY frustrating!

I wish someone could give me a direct answer to my specific problem.  I didn't HAVE a problem before I put PSP 13 on my computer.

Joy

• 5. Re: Thought I already asked this, but don't see it.  Want to know what the "Render" feature is for and how you use it.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Joy

At this point, consider uninstalling both Premiere Elements 13 and the Real Player. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts). Reinstall Premiere Elements 13 with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

The answer is in the details that you are sharing with us.

Details

The direct answer to your specific problem is to uninstall Premiere Elements 13 since it and any other earlier version have never worked for you with the built in YouTube feature. And neither has the export to file to YouTube at YouTube.  And, from your description it is messing up your prior route to a YouTube upload, that is, Real Player.

If the built in feature is not working for you, you should be able to export the Timeline to a file (AVCHD.mp4) saved to the computer hard drive and from there upload that to YouTube at the YouTube web site. Yes, I know you have said that you know that already. But it is not happening. Both Premiere Elements and YouTube do recognize the AVCHD.mp4.

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer from day 1?

If you wanted to continue with Premiere Elements 13, you could explore, if you have not already....

a. making sure that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer

b. that you are not having an antivirus, firewall(s), or other security program computer issues

c. probably unthinkable and most important, uninstall the Real Player which may be conflicting with Premiere Elements.....in that regard

has that Real Player always been there through the other versions of Premiere Elements that never worked?

What is even more puzzling is how to you got at least one upload to YouTube done the other day after all of the above. Please confirm

how you did that.

a. Did you do it your Real Player way

b. AVCHD.mp4 from Premiere Elements upload to YouTube at the YouTube web site

c. Timeline content uploaded with Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature.

Right now. If you uninstall Premiere Elements 13 do your problems go away?

or

If you uninstall the Real Player do your problems go away?

Please consider.

ATR

• 6. Re: Thought I already asked this, but don't see it.  Want to know what the "Render" feature is for and how you use it.
                    frammajoy Level 1

THANK YOU very much for the simple explanation.  I will certainly do all you said.

The video that I DID get to go went through PSP13.  It took about 2 hours, but it went.  I haven't been able to do it since.

Thank you again!

Joy