2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 6:46 PM by tommui987

Downloading another copy of lightroom - previously had one on a computer that I sold

tommui987

I have a subscription to Photoshop and had it on a iMac 27" computer that I recently sold after re-formating it with the disc it came with. I have the Photoshop CCs 2004 etc on my new computer (iMac 21.5") and would like to have the Lightoom on my new laptop. I get the message that I cannot as I have two already.

• 1. Re: Downloading another copy of lightroom - previously had one on a computer that I sold
          Cari Jansen Adobe Community Professional

The dialog box that appears is basically telling you have activated the software on two machines already, using your Adobe ID and password.  There should be an option for you to install the software and use it, but you'll need to first ensure that previous activations are disabled.

There should be two options given in that dialog box:

• either to go and deactivate the software on one machine (you do that by going to the Creative Cloud desktop app, clicking on the gear in top right, and choosing preferences, then in the general tab, click Account, and click Sign Out.
          • OR let Adobe deactivate both of the other devices on which the software was last run in an activated state. What happens in that case is -- if you were to still have these devices -- someone tries to launch the software again, they will be prompted to sign in again with a valid Adobe ID and password... and naturally the same check is then performed to verify that the software doesn't have too many activations.
          • Once you've done this, you'll be able to use your Adobe ID and password to sign in again on the laptop and install and use the software again.
          • And on the machine that has Photoshop already installed on it, you'll need to also Sign in again in order to use Photoshop on that one.
          • 2. Re: Downloading another copy of lightroom - previously had one on a computer that I sold
            tommui987 Level 1

Thanks_ really appreciate your advice and time giving it.