9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 8:35 PM by A.T. Romano

No video showing in work space

bashhawk

Always used Premier Eelements 10 just fine. I got my computer cleaned and hard drive replaced. Computer works great.

But for some reason when I drag in a video to edit the sound can be heard but no video at all shows in the work space.

• 1. Re: No video showing in work space
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

•IF you have Premiere Elements version 10 and an nVidia card

•nVidia Driver Rollback PreElements-10 http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1317675

•-Old Drivers http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

• 2. Re: No video showing in work space
            A.T. Romano Level 7

bashhawk

What is the computer operating system on which your Premiere Elements 10 is running, and please

confirm the name of your video card/graphics card and its driver version and dating.

John has pointed you to a known specific Premiere Elements 10/NIVIDIA GeForce issue in which I have been

very much involved .

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

Did you see the Announcement on this matter at the top of this forum?

Is your video card/graphics card driver set for automatic updating or do you do the updating of the card when

you decide? Do you do exclusively HD or SD projects? If you have been doing SD projects, have you just switched to HD projects

and run into your issue?

Looking forward to your replies to help us help you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: No video showing in work space
              bashhawk Level 1

I had my windows restored along with a new video card.

It is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 I just looked it up

I hear the audio but don't see any video at all. Any help would be appreciated.

• 4. Re: No video showing in work space
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>Any help would be appreciated

Did you actually click and read the links that ATR and I posted?

Your version of Premiere Elements REQUIRES an older version of the device driver

• 5. Re: No video showing in work space
                  bashhawk Level 1

Yes I did and I saw the comments about people rolling them back.

I had two questions about it:

1) If I roll back it won't do anything to the video card correct?

2) After reading those posts I'm still not exactly sure HOW to roll it back. I'm decent with computers but not much above average if you know what I mean

• 6. Re: No video showing in work space
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

bashhawk

Thanks for the reply.

Based on history and the symptoms of your issue, you appeared to be trapped in the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue. The only fix

for that has been the roll back of the driver version to about May 2013.

Typically NVIDIA will have driver versions that go back far enough for this roll back when the computer operating system is Window 7 64 bit.

And, those in this situation with Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce on Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit have no where to go because the NVIDIA

GeForce older drivers just do not go back far enough for their card on Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit.

You did not say what computer operating system is involved in your case. However this roll back fix should not work for you whether you have

Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 driver versions just do not go back far enough. You can check that

out in the NVIDIA link below.

This is the NVIDIA GeForce site into which I plugged in your information and could not find a driver version old enough for the NVIDIA GeForce GTX750.

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

I think that the oldest I found is for Feburary 13, 2014. You could try some driver version roll backs, but based on history they are not expect to resolve the problem unless they get to about May 2013.

The alternative possibilities seem to present as

a. Your cleaned HD replaced computer and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 video card/graphic card current driver version.....Premiere Elements other than 10.

b. Non NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card....Premiere Elements 10 on same cleaned HD replaced computer

Please review the situation and the history on this particular matter.

Any further questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: No video showing in work space
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

bashhawk

Reminder...

The older versions can be accessed specifically from

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

Please see my comments in post 6.

ATR

• 8. Re: No video showing in work space
                        bashhawk Level 1

Thank you for helping. I searched and I don't think it goes that far back.

I am used to using Premiere Elements. I'm on a Windows 7 64 bit.

I'm not opposed to purchasing something newer to work with my current card. However I see Elements 13 doesn't support saving into Adobe flash file which I have to do for some of my videos.

I'm certain 11 and 12 did. I have looked all over and don't see any way to purchase 11 or 12.

• 9. Re: No video showing in work space
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

bashhawk

Thanks for the follow up.

A Google search should bring up online places which still have 12 and maybe 11 still in stock. Most of what is available for 12 appears to be download purchase. Those download purchases offer a version specific to the computer operating system to which it is download. The box packaging gives you two discs, one for Windows and one for Mac.

Please update us on your progress when your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR