2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2015 8:04 AM by elie-d

can't eliminate even a spot;  tried all tricks from video--on cloning/healing---brush

Legs3d

Learning Photoshop & LR  for the creativity they enable.

I'm working ---in my dotage---with a lot of great images----but i am not a professional with "the works".  I have a fairy godmother in my canon, but we

are best at creativity, juxtapositioning, color,  the story telling image.  Corrections are whole reason for LR.  Nothing works,  can't eliminate a spot on one ---both healing & clone--nada.

What I get are many silver/brass looking dots, or the outline x 2---same as in the training vid---

i am guessing [as could not find her saying what the next move after getting the circle, dot, outline, thick chaulk fill--was]--so i use both enter  &  delete [macpro] 

is it because they r multiple images?

that would b sad...thanks in advance ****  spotty!

Message was edited by: Kasha Baxter

• 1. Re: can't eliminate even a spot;  tried all tricks from video--on cloning/healing---brush
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Without seeing the image you are talking about it is hard to tell what will and won't work to remove the spot.

But in the end what you really need to do is clean the sensor of your camera so you don't have those spots to begin with, at least you won't have spots created by dust on the sensor.

• 2. Re: can't eliminate even a spot;  tried all tricks from video--on cloning/healing---brush
            elie-d Level 4

i am guessing [as could not find her saying what the next move after getting the circle, dot, outline, thick chaulk fill--was]--so i use both enter  &  delete [macpro]

When using the Heal/Clone tool there is no reason to use either Enter or Delete. In fact, Enter will do nothing, but Delete cancels the operation you have just performed. You click on the spot to be removed using a tool size large enough to take in a bit of the surrounding area (start with opacity at 100) and that's it. LR selects another area in the image from which data will be used to replace the data in the initial spot. The only thing left for you to do is to decide if you like LR's choice of a source area. If you don't like it you can drag it to a different area. If you are not seeing spot removal immediately, maybe the opacity is set too low.