12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2007 7:48 PM by shikozel

How do write this actionscript for animated menus?

Hompe123
      Hi,

Please visit this site before reading: http://surface2airparis.com/pg/

I´m about to write a actionscript for a animated list that is like the one in the example above. I´m not fluent in actionscript and its probably not that hard by I just can´t get my head around how I´m supposed to do it.

When you click on a part of the menu and the list is masked and motiontweend forward and then click on a nother section in the menue. The other menu is animated backward regarless of which section of the menu you click. This is what I really need help with. Are there any actionscript gurus out there :-)?

Best Regards

Johan

• 1. How do write this actionscript for animated menus?
          shikozel Level 1
          ok. this is the idea. each section is a different movie clip. lets say: mc1,mc2,mc3...mc7

you need to keep track on the state of the menu (which one is open right now). save it in a variable for example: var openMC:MovieClip
          if you click on mc2 you saved instance of mc2 in openMC. and move mc3,mc4...mc7 down as much as you need.

now, when you click on another menu item, lets say mc5. you need to close openMC, save mc7 to openMC variable and push down m6,m7 as much as you need.

this is the general idea. I hope you find it helpful
          • 2. Re: How do write this actionscript for animated menus?
            shikozel Level 1
            ok. this is the idea. Which section is a different movie clip. lets say: mc1,mc2,mc3...mc7

you need to keep track on the state of the menu (which one is open right now). save it in a variable for example: var openMC:MovieClip
            if you click on mc2 you saved instance of mc2 in openMC. and move mc3,mc4...mc7 down as much as you need.

now, when you click on another menu item, lets say mc5. you need to close openMC, save mc7 to openMC variable and push down m6,m7 as much as you need.

• 3. Re: How do write this actionscript for animated menus?
              shikozel Level 1
              ok. this is the idea. Which section is a different movie clip. lets say: mc1,mc2,mc3...mc7

• 4. Re: How do write this actionscript for animated menus?
                shikozel Level 1

• 5. Re: How do write this actionscript for animated menus?
                  Hompe123 Level 1
                  Sharp as a knife man! Thats reeeeeeelly complicated! It sounds logical enough, but I have no idea how to write the actual code. I sort of understand Variabels as information storages, but how do I use it in this case applied to the actual problem. The var-cod is going on each movie clip (in this case one section of the menu) right? But how do I tie it all togeather?

Sorry for beeing stupid :-)

/ Johan
                  • 6. Re: How do write this actionscript for animated menus?
                    Hompe123 Level 1
                    Sharp as a knife man! Thats reeeeeeelly complicated! It sounds logical enough, but I have no idea how to write the actual code. I sort of understand Variabels as information storages, but how do I use it in this case applied to the actual problem. The var-cod is going on each movie clip (in this case one section of the menu) right? But how do I tie it all togeather?

Sorry for beeing stupid :-)

/ Johan
                    • 7. Re: How do write this actionscript for animated menus?
                      Sketchsta Level 1
                      im sorry to ask for this help in this topic, but that Example site has something i've been looking for, that i couldnt make work for a looong time....

The links from that swf, open a HTML window without the button and navigation bars..
                      I have had no luck in making this..
                      I can only get it to work IF the link comes from a HTML page...

if anyone knows how i can do it could you plz give me some help..

Thanx..
                      • 8. Re: How do write this actionscript for animated menus?
                        Sketchsta Level 1
                        im sorry to ask for this help in this topic, but that Example site has something i've been looking for, that i couldnt make work for a looong time....

The links from that swf, open a HTML window without the button and navigation bars..

Thanx..
                        • 9. Re: How do write this actionscript for animated menus?
                          Sketchsta Level 1

Thanx..
                          • 10. Re: How do write this actionscript for animated menus?
                            Sketchsta Level 1

Thanx..
                            • 11. Re: How do write this actionscript for animated menus?
                              Hompe123 Level 1
                              Hi again,

Does annyone know a tutorial about this kind of actionscript with var? Greatfull for any help given.

Regards

johan
                              • 12. Re: How do write this actionscript for animated menus?
                                shikozel Level 1
                                hey man. if you want to learn actionscript you can start high. you need to take it steo by step. buy the book http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/actscript/