3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2015 2:54 PM by kglad

Circle Degrees Tween

Sean12697

Is there a way to apply a shape tween to a circle and make it animate around into a pie chart (tweening changes to angles doesn't work correctly), I want to do it like this (for this I did key framing changing it manually 10 degrees each frame). I am using ActionScript 2.0 (for some reason, only been using Flash since the beginning of this week) in Flash 5.5/6 (5.5 at College, CS6 at home).

• 1. Re: Circle Degrees Tween
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

if you create two hemi circles, you can tween each.  or equivalently create two partial circles (that together form a complete circle) and you can tween just one to achieve the effect you want.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Circle Degrees Tween
            Sean12697 Level 1

I've only been using Flash since Tuesday, so please bear with me.

I was using the oval primitive tool to be able to change the starting/ending degrees, and transformed the shape (rotate and reverse width to minus) to get the start to turn the way I wanted (in the example linked in the text here). When you say "create two partial circles" do you mean a normal oval (not primitive which you cannot edit the starting/ending degrees after, which I found experimenting), then setting to to start at 180 degrees and duplicating (or manually deleting half of a full). Then the main thing I'm stuck on, is if it's a normal circle how would I transform it correctly to a very small slice to tween into a 60% circle. Also if it's a primitive, I tired it but the animation won't be the way I want, unless I've missed a important step.

Also I don't know what you mean by a "hemi circle", I know it's just a half circle, but I only have 5 shapes, Rectangle (2), Oval (2) and PolyStar.

• 3. Re: Circle Degrees Tween
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

create a partial circle/wedge using the oval tool an eraser.  tween that to a smaller partial circle/wedge.  you'll probably need to use shape hints.

if you can do that you should be able to see how to use two partial circles to create the effect you want.

1 person found this helpful