Exit

Cannot Update from Flash 16.0.0.305 to Flash 17.0.0.134

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

SeaMonkey 2.33

I have tried repeatedly to update to Flash 17.0.0.134.  However, your test page at Adobe - Flash Player consistently fails to show either the rotating and bouncing red box or my current version of Flash.  The game Panarity at Planarity.net no longer works; this uses Flash.

Now, I am unable to revert back to Flash 16.0.0.305.  Instead, I see the same problems. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I downloaded uninstall_flash_player.exe from http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe and executed it.  Next, I deleted the folder at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed.  Finally, I used regedit.exe to locate and delete instances of Flash and Macromed. 

I then successfully installed Flash 16.0 r0 (16.0.0.305).  It tested okay at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/, and I was able to play the Planarity game at Planarity.net. 

I re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use a supported browser.  If the problem persists, we'll be happy to try and help you out.

You can find a list of supported configurations here:

Adobe Flash Player | Tech specs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The internal "guts" in SeaMonkey are the same as in Firefox.  The HTML rendering engine (Gecko) is the same.  The Internet interface is the same.  The security software is the same.  If you support Firefox, you must inherently support SeaMonkey. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I downloaded uninstall_flash_player.exe from http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe and executed it.  Next, I deleted the folder at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed.  Finally, I used regedit.exe to locate and delete instances of Flash and Macromed. 

I then successfully installed Flash 16.0 r0 (16.0.0.305).  It tested okay at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/, and I was able to play the Planarity game at Planarity.net. 

I removed Flash 16.0 r0 (16.0.0.305) using "Uninstall or change a program" at Programs and Features on the Windows Control Panel.  After that, I successfully installed Flash 17.0 r0 (17.0.0.134). 

I previously tried to install Flash 17.0 r0 (17.0.0.134) without first removing Flash 16.0 r0 (16.0.0.305).  I then tried to do that installation after using either Programs and Features on the Windows Control Panel or uninstall_flash_player.exe to remove Flash along with deleting C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed.  All those attempts were unsuccessful.  Thus, I think I have proven that a failure to remove a prior version of Flash before installing a new version will corrupt Windows to the extent that a manual cleanup of the Windows registry becomes necessary. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines