3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2015 8:54 PM by A.T. Romano

Why does APE 13.1 crash when creating a Movie Menu?

jamnsam

MacBook Pro w/ 8GB RAM, 2.66 i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB, running MacOS10.10.2. Adobe Premier Elements 13.1 works great creating and editing a movie, but crashes when I try to create a Movie Menu for burning a DVD Master. Movie is 1 hour 10 minutes long shot in 1280 x 720 HD.  Any ideas why it crashes? I can, and have saved the video as an mp4.

• 1. Re: Why does APE 13.1 crash when creating a Movie Menu?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jamnsam

Please confirm what you are creating - a DVD-VIDEO Widescreen on DVD disc or AVCHD format on DVD disc.

What specific Movie Menu(s) are involved?

When does the crash happen

a. when you click Tools Menu/Movie Menu

or

b. when you click on Tools Menu/Movie Menu/ and download now your choice or same thing if you have already done the Content Download for the theme?

or

c. other

How many Timeline markers have you placed? How many of each kind?

Do you ever get as far as the Movie Menu customization area with your selected theme?

Are you running the program as administrator?

Out of curiosity, have you tried to create an Instant Movie with your Premiere Elements 13.1 on Mac OSX 10.10.2 with any success?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why does APE 13.1 crash when creating a Movie Menu?
            jamnsam Level 1

Mr. Romano;

This is my first attempt to use Adobe Premier elements for any video work.

I went through a brief learning. Creating a smaller movie, but never finished it up. I have created a one hour and 10 minute movie in Premier elements 13.1 and would like to create a menu'd DVD.

After completing the editing and assembling of the movie, I clicked the render button, and saved the project to hard drive. I then clicked on Tools/ Movie Menu to begin the process of creating my DVD. I selected a theme, which downloaded, unchecked the auto scene marker box, and clicked the continue button. After a few seconds, the program crashed, and a crash report (Apple) was created.  I also sent a couple of the problem pop-ups o Adobe and was informed that they could find no solution.

A question about the themes; do I have to select an HD theme in order to create an HD DVD? It is very difficult to see whether the theme is labeled HD or not. I only find one theme on the first page labeled HD.

I have not tried to make an instant movie as I am under a time constraint it. I did not start working with Premier soon enough and I am trying to catch up as fast as I can.

I am trying to make a high definition standard DVD, not Blu-ray. I really have not had a chance that I know of to select the actual kind of DVD I'm trying to make. I did try to make that selection on the Publish and Share menu but it sends me right back to the Movie Menu to create my scene markers.

I don't my very first attempt to create a movie menu, I did not uncheck the auto scenes box and the system told me it had created the maximum number of scenes and that I would have to create additional scenes on my own. Then it crashed.

I have not created any scene markers as I understood I had to do that through the movie menu. Is that correct?

My total experience with video editing has been with Apple's iMovie HD and iDVD applications. These apps have served me well for the past several years, but they do not work under Yosemite. I do have a snow leopard partition my hard drive that I can boot into and go back to these applications if we can't find a solution to my Premier problems in time.

I do you like the editing capabilities of Premier, especially the color control for the different clips.

Thank you for your prompt response. I hope I have answered all of your questions. If not holler back at me.

Thank you

Jeff Michael

kamx3sj@gmail.com

Think Different!

• 3. Re: Why does APE 13.1 crash when creating a Movie Menu?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jeff Michael

Sorry for the delay.

You wrote

A question about the themes; do I have to select an HD theme in order to create an HD DVD? It is very difficult to see whether the theme is labeled HD or not. I only find one theme on the first page labeled HD.

I am seeing comparable end product results with use of Movie Menus with HD and non HD tagged thumbnails for HD projects. If you see text affected by your choice, then go HD menu with HD project. The situation with the non HD thumbnails can be confusing. Under those non HD thumbnails can be a Movie Menu set for SD or SD Widescreen. And, it does not always hold that a SD widescreen project will be offered a "w" widescreen set of files for the menu..

The reason that I asked about your experiences with Instant Movie related to a recent thread where the user had Premiere Elements on 10.10.2 and had problems only with Instant Movie. I was just trying to see if I can justify a list of Premiere Elements features that are in trouble with 10.10.2.

What happens if you set the Timeline menu markers in the Edit area before you get to Tools Menu/Movie Menu. Still the same crash once you hit

Continue after your choice of theme?

You wrote

After completing the editing and assembling of the movie, I clicked the render button, and saved the project to hard drive. I then clicked on Tools/ Movie Menu to begin the process of creating my DVD. I selected a theme, which downloaded, unchecked the auto scene marker box, and clicked the continue button. After a few seconds, the program crashed,

After the render button...are you just saving the project to the hard drive or are you saving the project, not closing it, and continuing to Tools/Movie Menu/...?

If you place the Timeline menu markers before Tools/Movie Menu, when you get through Movie Menu and before you hit Continue, leave the check mark

next to auto scene marker box. Please note what the settings are under the auto scene marker box options.

Have you tried the deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. For Premiere Elements Mac, please see if you can find it in the path

Users/Owner/Libraries/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0.

Depending on the results, we may consider a program uninstall, free ccleaner run through, and reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled

(or whatever is appropriate for Mac).

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download?mac

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR