Please tell us:
1. What operating system are you using? (e.g. Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Mac OS)
2. What browser are you using? (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome)
3. If you presently have Flash Player installed -what version?
1. Windows 7
2. Internet Explorer
3. I uninstalled the old version thinking it might make a difference but it didn't change anything. So I no longer have any version installed.
1, Restart your computer to make sure no Adobe process is running.
2. Click on the following Adobe link. Go to the bottom were it says "Still having problems installing Flash Player". Click on the link for Internet Explorer.
I hope this works for you.
If you're still stuck, give the appropriate offline installer a try:
Firefox and other NPAPI browsers: