4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2007 1:06 AM by RobHack

Video in a projector

chudson17 Level 1
      Sorry for a stupid question but I cannot find the answer in the help topics or in the Director Bible...

I am trying to get a quicktime movie to play in a projector. The projector is copied onto a disk and then distributed where the end user puts it into their computer and plays the movie. The quicktime video that is included in my movie works fine on my computer but not on another. In reading the helps it says the video is only linked and not in the movie.

How do I include the video on a projector on another computer? I would prefer not to have a copy of the movie on the disk as a seperate file. Is this possible?

Thank you for any help,
      Charles
        • 1. Re: Video in a projector
          Level 7
          "chudson17" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> posted in
          macromedia.director.basics:

> How do I include the video on a projector on another computer? I would
          > prefer not to have a copy of the movie on the disk as a seperate file.
          > Is this possible?

'Fraid not. The users must also have QT installed for that format.

There may be a way to do it with Flash videos, though. I'm using a old
          version of Dir that doesn't support the new Flash formats, but you should be
          able to search the forum/web for hints.

--
          Mark A. Boyd
          Keep-On-Learnin' :)
          • 2. Re: Video in a projector
            chudson17 Level 1
            Thanks. Any advise to get the video to play on another computer (assuming they have QT)? I thought I read that you could put a version of QT to download from the projector as well. Is that possible?

Thanks for any help.
            Charles
            • 3. Re: Video in a projector
              Level 7
              "chudson17" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> posted in
              macromedia.director.basics:

> Thanks. Any advise to get the video to play on another computer
              > (assuming they have QT)? I thought I read that you could put a version
              > of QT to download from the projector as well. Is that possible?

First, you'll need to include the QT video file on the CD. See the manual and
              search for past posts in here to avoid the dreaded "Where is..." dialog.

You can include the QT installer on the CD if you sign and comply with
              Apple's free Software Distribution Agreement.
              http://developer.apple.com/softwarelicensing/agreements/quicktime.html

Or you could simply make it a requirement for the CD and supply a download
              link for them. I just tried http://www.quicktime.com and got redirected
              automatically to a QT for Windows page.

--
              Mark A. Boyd
              Keep-On-Learnin' :)
              • 4. Re: Video in a projector
                RobHack Level 1
                The other alternative is to use a MPEG 1 this plays on all pc's after win 95 as most are installed with windows media player.

I have been using MPEG 1's for the last 6 years with good results. I also use the Mpeg Advansed xtra this gives me all the contol i need.

RobH