1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 13, 2015 8:37 AM by Dave LaRonde

Pasting the position points of a mask path to a write-on brush position

emsimbeen1

Hi there,

So after effects is doing something VERY strange - I create a pen path by tracing a electrical signature in after effects (see pink path in the attached screen shot) , then I click 'm' short cut to bring up the mask path. I make sure the mask path is selected, then I copy it. I add the Write-on effect, and into the brush position, I paste the mask path points. I've done this exactly this way in the past but either I've lost my marbles or some weird preference is set to make the pasted path points both smaller and nowhere near the same position as what I have taken so much time to trace! Why??? How can it paste smaller and somewhere else? (green dots are going to be the brush points of the write on effect) Please help - I can't figure out what's the problem here - tried for the last 6 hours :O

I need to reveal the original image with the write on effect I don't understand why it's not working this one time.

Thanks SO SO MUCH!

Screen Shot 2015-03-13 at 14.35.35.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-13 at 14.24.17.png