• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC will not install!

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Creative Cloud Packager to build individual Adobe packages for installation through SCCM on Dell PC's. I have successfully built and deployed quite a few packages including Photoshop, InDesign, Fireworks, and Bridge, but for some reason the Lightroom package will not install.

We have an enterprise license and I am using the same procedure I used for all of the other packages. The Lightroom installation media downloads and the package is successfully built but running the .exe or the .msi is not successful. When the installer is executed, it brings up the normal dialogue boxes and appears to be working. However, after a few minutes the box goes away with no error message and nothing is installed.

The most frustrating part is the lack of log files, I found the page pointing to the Common Files folder but there is no Adobe folder in there. I have tried installing and running the CC Packager on two different machines with the same result. I also tried installing Photoshop CC first to see if maybe it was a prerequisite for Lightroom but the result was the same. Any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Yes, sign in can be suppressed. Please go the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/installing-products-exception-folder.html

Thanks,
Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Enterprise Deployment for Creative Cloud, Creative Suite forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

Adobe Lightroom goes to exception folder once a package is created. You would need to install Adobe lightroom under exception folder using ExceptionDeployer.exe (WIN).

For more info, please visit : https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/using-exceptions-deployer.html

Thanks,
Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that tip, I am now able to silently install Lightroom. Are there any command line switches to block creation of a Desktop icon and the Creative Cloud sign in prompt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sign in can be suppressed. Please go the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/installing-products-exception-folder.html

Thanks,
Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Ashubijalwan1, I now have a working installation package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction Ashubijalwan1. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help installing the program from the CD I got lightroom 6 as a give the first time i installed it it worked just fine up until a few months ago when it just stoped loading up, I tried to delate the program and reinstalled it but it just stops responding, I have an Imack desk top with the latest upgrade which is the sierra version 10.12.3 can anyone help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines