32 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2015 9:08 AM by A.T. Romano

Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements

danielo23113780 Level 1

I have nothing but problems with the titles into Adobe elements Souris anybody out there can help me?

• 1. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

danielo

What version of Premiere Elements on what computer operating system?

What is "Adobe Elements Souris"?

What is the specific problem that you are having with Premiere Elements titles...

a. Text Menu/New Title/Default Text

and/or

b. Titles & Text Tab with problems with template or other choices under that Titles & Text Tab

or

c. Other

If the problems are in the Titler workspace, please be specific with the details of the problem

Text, Styles, Animations, Shapes sections.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Creating and trimming titles

• 2. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
            danielo23113780 Level 1

This is my problem.

I'm trying to apply  animation to the text , but the text is multiple lines .

Second, I'm trying to copy text  and paste it  into  text window  and the text is  four lines of text.

And then I need that text  to appear  one word at the time until  reached theThe Last word on the fourth line .

Does Not matter  how these words  will appear  from the bottom  or from the top or fly in  and so forth, I  just want to customize  text  as needed.

I have elements 13

thank you in advance for your help

• 3. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
              A.T. Romano Level 7

danielo

In the Titler it is easy enough to apply text animation to more than one line of text so that each has an animation effect applied to and the lines are contained within one text file. But, what you are asking is to have words sequentially appear going from word to word, starting with the first word

in the first line to the last word in the last line. I have not figured out a way to do that using the Titler Animation section. I can share with you

how to do that for first character in the first line sequentially to the last character in the last line.

But, for word to word, we might consider creating the title and, with the Titler closed, use one of the fx Effects/Keying/Garbage Mattes to achieve the

effect - keyframing the property of the garbage matte.

Which is your preference? The character to character is probably easier.

ATR

• 4. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                A.T. Romano Level 7

danielo

Add On to Post 3

In your 4 lines of texts, how many words per line?

ATR

• 5. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

danielo

Add On to post 3....Please see Premiere Elements 11 how to apply Animation to more than 1 line of text in a title in the Titler toward

the end of the following...Details for 10 are given initially...

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Titler - Part 1 Text Animations

Applies to 11, 12, 13.

To get what you want, we need a slight twist to the basic principle. More later when I know

that you want the details for the word by word or character by character.

ATR

• 6. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                    danielo23113780 Level 1

Hi ROMANA

thank you very much for trying to help me,  and what I understand, so far that I have to create  every single line as a separate object and manipulate  each line individually, which is very time-consuming.What I'm trying to do is this,, I will like you to put audio file on timeline , which is basically song and the lyric of that song  has to appear on the screen  as the song is playing.  So the lyric is divided into four lines  of text and each line contains  5 to 6 words,  and after first four lines appear on the screen the second four lines
                    start appearing and so forth.So  I will be satisfied if I can make it so the word by word appears on the screen or one line at the time.

Thank you very much

Daniel 

• 7. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                      Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You could use the crop effect on the title and keyframe it.

• 8. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel

Part 1.

The sequential appearance of 4 Lines of text using fx Effect/Keying/Four-Point Garbage Matte.

Does not require individual line of text. Just type text one line after another.

Song4ptgarbage matte.JPG

After creating the title in the Titler, close the Titler.

Then drag the Four-Point Garbage Matte into the title on Video Track 1. See fx Effects/Keying/Four-Point Garbage Matte.

(Garbage Matte Principle: everything within the points of the garbage matte is seen, anything outside the points is not.

For editing the Four-Point Garbage Matte, go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Four-Point Garbage Matte Panel 

expanded and set workspace as suggested in the following screenshot.

FourPointExplained.JPG

Note: Toggle Animation Button initiates the keyframing of the garbage matte process.

Show Hide Keyframes Control lets us open to area seen where you can watch the keyframes being placed.

Typical sequence after Toggle Animation...move Timeline Indicator to right, move the points down to reveal the first line;

move the Timeline Indicator to the right some more, move the points down to reveal the second line; and so on.

If you want to use Crop instead of Four-Point Garbage Matte, see fx Effects/Transform/Crop and drag the Crop effect

into the title on the Timeline. Then in Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Crop Panel expanded....

Crop.JPG

In this case, you will be keyframing down "Bottom" to reveal one line at a time. In the Crop way screenshot,

the four lines of text are hidden since the "Bottom" is set to crop out the lines at the onset.

Please review and consider. If this line by line looks doable, we can still explore the word by word or character by character.

There is a way to do the above using four individual lines of text and the Animation in the Titler, but we will do that next if you want

before we get to the word by word or character by character. I think that the line by line should serve your purposes.

Thanks for exploring the above.

ATR

• 11. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

danielo

Thanks for the reply in response to my prior message, but it arrived with no message included. It may have been a one time

mishap on the web site side. If it continues, I will try to help you find out what is happening with the posting.

Please try again when your schedule permits so that we can decide whether or not to include Part 2 on

choices of 4 lines of text for your Premiere Elements project.

ATR

• 12. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                            danielo23113780 Level 1

I really appreciate your willingness to help me. And I deeply apologize for not responding sooner.

Last night  I try implement direction  as you describe it,  but looks like I can't not  understand  exactly what needs to be done.

Even though I really wanted learned that, I don't want you to spend  time on me  trying to make me understand.

if you know some other way  to teach me, please let me know.

Once again thank you very much  for your help

Daniel   

• 13. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

danielo

Thanks for the reply. Let us try the Crop way with keyframing described in another way.....

1. Are you OK with creating the 4 lines of text  in the opened Titler and closing the Titler to have the created title on the Timeline?

(This is 4 lines created by typing continuously the 4 lines rather than creating 4 separate lines of text.)

2. After the Titler is closed, you want to apply the Crop effect to the Timeline title (open fx Effects Tab, go to Transform/Crop, and drag the thumbnail for

Crop into the Timeline title).

3. Now we are going to edit the Crop effect that was just applied. For that, click on the title on the Timeline to selected/highlighted, and go to

Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Crop Panel expanded.

At this point, you should see

danieo1.JPG

Your next objective is to move the Bottom slider in the Crop Panel expanded to establish what you see on screen across

the duration of the title. We need to use the technique of keyframing to do that. If we did not and just set the Crop's

Bottom slider to hide the last three lines, we would just see the first line across the video duration and never see

the last three line. It would look like

danielo2.JPG

Are you OK so far with what needs to be done. If so, I will go through keyframing of the Crop effect.

Keyframing

Refer back to the first screenshot

1. Use the -+ slider above the Timeline to expand the Timeline to get a better look at its content (the title).

Right click the title to which the Crop effect has been applied. Select Show Clip Keyframes/Crop and Bottom.

Now every time you create a keyframe (to reveal another line) where you have placed the Timeline Indicator, you will see a white dot on the orange band that

runs through the title clip

2. In the Crop Panel expanded, focus on the "Bottom" slider. Move that "Bottom" slider to the right, hiding the last 3 lines of text.

Have the Timeline Indicator at the start of the Timeline.

Click on the Toggle Animation icon in the Crop Panel expanded area as point out in post 8 screenshot.

3. Move the Timeline Indicator to the right to an envisioned 25% mark along the clip, move the "Bottom" slider to the left to reveal

the second line of text. You will see a white dot (keyframe) automatically placed on the Timeline orange band at that 25% point.

4. Move the Timeline Indicator to the right to an envisioned 50% mark along the clip, move the "Bottom" slider to the left to reveal

the third line of text. You will see a white dot (keyframe) automatically placed at that Timeline 50% point.

5. Move the Timeline Indicator to the right to an envisioned 75% mark along the clip, move the "Bottom" slide to the left to reveal

the fourth line of text. You will see a white dot (keyframe) automatically placed at that Timeline 75% point.

After you press the Render button above the Timeline, what does that look like when played back in the Edit area monitor?

These keyframes are adjustable.

Please review and consider and then let me know if you are OK with this version. If not, please let me know where I need

to clarify or re-write.

Thanks.

ATR

• 14. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                danielo23113780 Level 1

Thank you very much for your patient you are awesome guy.

Tonight I am  going to play with  crop FX following your description  and I let you know if this going to work .

Once again thank you so much

Daniel

• 15. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                  danielo23113780 Level 1

I'm sorry but one more thing, may sound stupid do you but I'm going to ask anyway.

When you say open the titler and close the titler that little bit confusing,  because titler does not open  in any separate  window,

unless you're referring  when double-click  on  titler on a timeline,  then opens ability  to modify titles  and then you click back  on  timeline,

that ability for modification  disappear. So I'm not sure is that  means  open  and  close .

thank you very much

• 16. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

danielo

Many thanks gives these suggestions a try.

With regard to Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and its Titler workspace -

Given that, when you open the new project, you see

13 Expert.JPG

There is also a Quick workspace that you can enter if you click on the Quick header at the top. But

I have Expert selected because it is easy and you can see better what is going on.

To open the Titler, you can click on the Text Menu/New Text/Default Text. The following is what I am

calling the Titler workspace.

13 Titler.JPG

When I mention closing the Titler to get back to the Expert workspace, please do that by clicking on those

two tiny triangles facing right at the top right corner of the Titler (they are just under the plus sign in the Publish

+Share header.

Tiny Triangles.JPG

When the Titler is closed, if you need to get back into the titler, then you double click the title on the Timeline.

Please let me know if you are OK with the information. All questions are important, so please do not hesitate to ask if any.

ATR

• 17. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                      danielo23113780 Level 1

Hi,

I did explore  crop FX and that part is working,  but I am not sure  is that really what I want.

What I'm looking for is more like  fadin and fadeout effects,  or

highlighting the words,something like  what they have  in karaoke  files.

But anyway  I will do little bit more research  and if I cannot find it  I'm going to give up.

Thank you very much for your help patient.

Best regards

Daniel  

• 18. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel

Never give up. There is a way.

Here is an example of fade in by character, using 4 line of text, and the fade ins from first character of Line 1 to last character of Line 4.

Is this what you are looking for? (I sort of added some enhancement for background.)

YouTube

If that is not exactly the look you want, could you post a screenshot example for the look that you want.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I have placed an unlisted tag on the YouTube example that I posted in this post. Nonetheless, all sorts of videos that are not mine and which I do not

endorse in anyway keep popping up after the playback of my demo video for you. After you view my YouTube video for you, I may delete it

and try using Vimeo for future examples.

• 19. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                          danielo23113780 Level 1

This example it's very close what I'm looking for. And I will be very happy if I can make something like that.

If you know for some tutorial  on YouTube that will be wonderful .this way off displaying the words  on the screen  will serve the purpose perfectly.

Thank you very much my friend

Daniel

• 20. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel

Thanks for the reply.

How many titles (each representing 4 lines of text) will be in your project?

If you liked the title look of what I presented in the video posted as an example on YouTube, I will write up a how to with screenshots, step by step, in

my blog. It takes more work than simply applying a Titler Animation to the text in the Titler, but it is easy step by step. Each set of 4 will have a duration of 12 seconds, but

that can be adjusted.

What do you think? Want to give it a try? If you do, I should have it published in the blog within the next 24 hours.

ATR

• 21. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                              danielo23113780 Level 1

That will be absolutely awesome,but I don't want bother you with that because I know how much work is that.Typically five or six set of for lines is in each project.

But like I said this is a lot of work,  and I cannot ask you  to do that because these  are  above and beyond help .

Thank you so much

Daniel

• 22. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel

No problem. The questions asked here make me think deeper in the program's can dos and cannot dos.

Back soon.

ATR

• 23. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel

I just finished the blog how to for the text effect as demo'd in post 18

I want to proof read it one more time before I publish it to the blog. So, first thing in the morning after another proof read,

I will post a link to it in your thread.

ATR

• 24. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel

This is the link to the how to details for "PE13: Multi Text Lines With Continuous Fade In By Character"

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: Multi Text Lines With Continuous Fade In By Character

I have proof read it several times.

But, any questions or need clarification as you work through it, please do not hesitate to stop and ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 25. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                                      danielo23113780 Level 1

Thank you so much. Let me explore all this and I let you know how is working.

For now just big thank you .

Daniel

• 26. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel

Thanks for the message.

Lots of details, so one step at a time and stop to ask questions at any time.

ATR

• 27. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                                          danielo23113780 Level 1

Greetings,

I did everything as you describe and that part is working  perfectly, but,  always but every line  after  finish playing disappeared from the screen. In your  example each line stays on the screen.  So I'm not sure how to go about that.  Also,  each song  has 5 or 6  paragraphs and each paragraph  is 4 lines.  So if I have to do one line  at a time and I had 20 or 30 lines  how much time will be to finish  just one song?  That's my concern. Anyway, that is something  that I'm going to think about later on.

Thank you very much

Daniel

• 28. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel

Thanks the update.

Please refer back to the how to...

At the end of STEP 1,

(a) Do you now have on the Timeline the first line of text which plays back one character at a Time?

(b) When you then go to Project Assets, do you find a thumbnail for that title file named Title 01?

The part that I think you may have overlooked relates to each line of text needing to stop animating but remain present

as the next line of text starts animating.....please refer back to the blog how to....

0 to 5 seconds

Line 1 with animation Apply

5 to 10 seconds

Line 1 with animation Remove (do not remove Line 1, just the animation applied to it)

Add Line 2 with animation Apply

Now you should have the look of Line 2 fading in continuous from the last character of Line 1.

10 to 15 seconds

Line 1 which has no animation because you removed it in a prior step

Line 2 with animation Remove (do not remove Line 2, just the animation applied to it)

Add Line 3 with animation Apply

Now you should have the look of Line 3 fading in continuous from the last character of Line 2.

15 seconds to 20 seconds

Line 1 which has no animation because you removed just the animation in a prior step

Line 2 which has no animation because you removed just the animation in a prior step

Line 3 with animation Remove (do not remove Line 3, just the animation applied to it)

Add Line 4 with animation Apply

Now you should have the look of Line 4 fading in continuously from the last character of Line 3.

If you are losing previous line as you progress from Line 1 to 4, I am wondering if you are removing each line

instead of removing just the animation where indicated.

After we are sure that the above is the right technique for what you want to create and we know it is working for you, then the

calculations.

a. What is the duration of the music...is it music or music and lyrics?

b, If we say that a song has 6 paragraphs and each paragraphs has 4 lines, then we are looking at creating 6 titles files each with 4 lines.

Right now I am not seeing a problem in adjusting the duration of the title files to accommodate the music. I am wondering about sync'ing

the titles with the music arrangement.

We will be watching for further news.

Thanks again for evaluating the suggestions.

Best wishes

ATR

• 29. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                                              danielo23113780 Level 1

Hi,

Can I have your email address  I wanted to send you something so you can see for yourself  what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thank you

• 30. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel

Please first try to send the information via Adobe Forums private message system.

To do that, click on my ID on any of the posts. That should open to my profile. In the profile page, look to the

right for an orange envelope. Click on the orange envelope to access private message for me.

Let us see if that will work. If not, we  will be consider the next step.

Thank you.

ATR

• 31. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                                                  danielo23113780 Level 1

I just wanted thank you very much for your help, but I decided to go different route with totally different software.

Some going away from elements because simply is not working for me .

Once again thank you very much

Daniel

• 32. Re: Is anybody out there who knows about titles in Adobe elements
                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel

Thanks for the follow up.

Best wishes with your decisions on how to obtain the text effect that you need for your video projects.

If you decide to revisit Premiere Elements workflows to achieve this effect, please do not hesitate to let me know in the thread

or via private message. But, the preference is to keep the technical details communications in the thread so that all can share in the information.

ATR