• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Control Execution order on one page?

Participant ,
Feb 13, 2007 Feb 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using cflock erroneously thinking it was for this purpose. Here is my issue; I have an action page that accepts a JPG from a file upload field of a form then runs the image through a ImageMagik custom tag twice (once to resize for display and once to resize/create a thumbnail) THEN the page is meant to upload the 2 images to our remote/backup server.
I have inserted a cfloop that counts to 6000 as a time buffer (see code)
My issue is that the CFFTP starts to send the uploaded file prior to the ImageMagik tag even starting its routine on the image, then is interrupted mid stream. The result is one server has a perfect pair of images, and the other gets a perfect thumb, and a truncated full-size original. This is inconsistant, but annoying.

Is there not a cflock type command to enclose commands on a page so thet will only progress down the template once the previous function has completed? I'm thinking old school "while" type command, but I don't know where to start. Also the file is renamed on upload (to avoid conflicts) so checking if file exists would not yield truth about resize being complete.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 28, 2007 Feb 28, 2007
Thanks for your reply, it certainly makes sense. I have modified the code to include a cfdirectory list to check that the file exists, and also have added a "hold" folder for the first upload to go to. Then the cf_magik will grab from there, resize and put the new & thumb in their respective folders - This way an unresized image cannot be FTP'd because the checker will not find the original in that folder. I am still using a cfloop, but only as a means to cycle trhu checking the dir for the file...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2007 Feb 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF is processed, sequentially, from top to bottom of the template. Each
preceeding instruction must complete before the next one is processed.

The only way you could see what you're seeing is if this magicktag.cfm file
spawns some non-CF process to do the image processing, and that process
runs asynchronously with CF. It's probably worth checking the docs of it
to see if this is the case, and - if so - whether it ever returns anything
or sets anything detectable to CF that it's finished. And then get CF to
wait for THAT, rather than looping to some random number (which will eat
your CPU whilst it runs, and - if anything - will make your problem WORSE).

If there's not "completion flag", you should probably wait until the file
you're trying to FTP actually exists before trying to FTP it.

If you need to wait an arbitrary period of time, use the sleep() method of
java.lang.Thread, which is more accurate and far less CPU intensive than
just making CF loop for n iterations, in the hope that on the machine
you're running it on, n iterations equates takes longer ot execute than the
process you're waiting for (which will be slowed up by the loop...).

--
Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2007 Feb 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for your reply, it certainly makes sense. I have modified the code to include a cfdirectory list to check that the file exists, and also have added a "hold" folder for the first upload to go to. Then the cf_magik will grab from there, resize and put the new & thumb in their respective folders - This way an unresized image cannot be FTP'd because the checker will not find the original in that folder. I am still using a cfloop, but only as a means to cycle trhu checking the dir for the file:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation