0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2007 6:30 PM by SymTsb

Mass Preloader

SymTsb Level 2
      Hey guys. Pretty much finished with a demo site I've been working on for a photography studio. The site is a massive collection of swf files loaded into the main movie (logo, menu, contact, etc.). Each item is loaded from a separate function i.e. loadLogo or loadMenu etc. Each function creates the container for the movie i.e. logo or menu, places it on the stage and then makes a call to a MCL object with a listener applied to capture the onLoadComplete so I can tween the items in.

What I'd like to do is create a mass preloader script that will load each movie in turn one at a time and show this on the screen i.e.

Loading Assets: Logo

where the word logo would change for each item that is loading at that time and keep the movie from actually showing anything until all the files are loaded. I'm sure it's just a matter of restructuring what I've done above but rather than give myself a headache or extra grief, I thought I might ask everyone here to see what you all thought might be the best approach.

Thanks in advance.