What are you installing from - installation files purchased as download from Adobe or other?
When you get the message
We've encountered the following issues
Installer has detected that a machine restart may be pending.....
have you ignored it and click continue to move on in spite of it? This may be the answer and then you need not read what follows.
But, if not what works for you...
Are you doing the downloading and installing with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled? Are you working
from a school or company network?
Depending on your answers
1. Remove all traces of Premiere Elements 13 from your Windows 8.1 64 bit computer (See Control Panel/Programs).
2. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts)
3. Disable antivirus and firewall (s) and any other computer home security software.
4. Install Premiere Elements 13.
5. After successful install and 13, then update 13 to 13.1 as prompted or using an opened project's Help Menu/Update.
Also consider alternative installation files from the following (tryout of 13 into which you can insert your purchased serial number).
We will be watching for your progress.
Add On....Forgot to point out...I also ran into
"We've encountered the following issues
Installer has detected that a machine restart may be pending....." and just continuing in spite of the message worked for me in that instance.
Disabling Macafee worked. The IGNORE button is now available and by ignoring the "issue", I was able to install successfully.
Thanks for the wonderful news of your success. Well done.
Best wishes as you move forward with your Premiere Elements projects.
If any questions or need clarification about your workflows, please do not hesitate to ask. We
are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.