2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2007 4:41 AM by aniebel

    XML en dash problem

    aniebel Level 2
      I can't figure this out. I've got some en dashes in an XML doc that when parsed in Flash, seem to disappear in the dynamic text field. The text field is set to HTML in the properties panel since it was manually created at author time. When tracing the string, they show up in the outputs panel.

      I tried replacing the dashes in the XML doc with the HTML entity "–" and also the XML entities "–" and "–" but that was a no-go also. Then I tried using the following code to replace the characters in Flash. Maybe the code is incorrect.