2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2015 11:57 AM by Tuerg

Buy Lightroom only?

Tuerg

Hi,

I am new in this forum and want to buy Lightroom as my favorite photo editor software. Does anyone know how I can buy only the Lightroom software license once instead of purchasing a Cloud offering with products I don't want and where I have to pay a monthly fee?

Thanks,

Eric.

• 1. Re: Buy Lightroom only?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lightroom can be purchased as a standalone product from this website:

Products

Be aware that Lightroom 6 will be released sometime in the near future. IF it is released within the next 30 days from when you purchase Lightroom 5 you will probably be entitled to a free upgrade. Otherwise, it will be necessary for you to purchase Lightroom 6 as an upgrade.

The creative cloud photography plan at $9.99/month is a reasonable offer for Photoshop and Lightroom. The advantage to such a plan is that all updates and upgrades will be made available to you at no additional cost. But the choice is yours Many people don't like the creative cloud plan and prefer to have their own license for their very own software.

• 2. Re: Buy Lightroom only?
            Tuerg Level 1

Thanks Jim for the link and your advice. I purchased Lightroom and started editing may pics.