1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 14, 2015 11:42 AM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 13, will not display video picture, audio only. My video format is listed as compatible with Adobe.

douglass90502558

Adobe Premiere Elements 13, will not display video picture, audio only. My videois listed as compatible with Adobe.

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13, will not display video picture, audio only. My video format is listed as compatible with Adobe.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

douglass

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

If not, please do so.

You have not given us enough information with which to help you.

What are the properties of your source file that is presenting in the project with audio but no video?

Quickest way to gain that information is from brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video.

I am looking for

video compression

audio compression

frame size

frame rate

interlaced or progressive

file extension

pixel aspect ratio

What does the file's thumbnail look like in Project Assets after it is imported....thumbnail with no image (gray), thumbnail with only an audio icon

within it, or other? On the Timeline, what do you see represented in Video 1....nothing as opposed to Audio 1 where you see the audio portion of

the file?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 13/13.1? Are you running the programs as

administrator?

Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

Let us start here. Based on your reply details, we will customize troubleshooting strategy for you.

Thanks.

ATR