3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2015 6:58 PM by craigst

Preset folder location is not correct

craigst Level 1

Bought a new Mac so this may be part of the problem. Now when I have added some new Develop Presets from a vendor, they don't show up in the Preset list. So went to Prefereences>Presets>Locate Preset Folder. But it points to a folder at Pictures>Lightroom.

How do I get it to point to the right folder so all my presets will load?

Tried hitting "Restore Local Adjustment Presets" because I had some new ones in there. Made a copy in another location before I did this just in case it tried to delete them, but that didn't work and they weren't deleted. Relaunched the program several times. Still can't point to the right folder.

Thoughts?

• 1. Re: Preset folder location is not correct
          F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Did you import the presets using LR? If you do so, LR will put these to the correct locations.

On Windows it's right click / Import in the Presets Panel ... will be similar on a Mac.

• 2. Re: Preset folder location is not correct
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Where are you storing the presets you have loaded/imported? Just move them from wherever they are now to that Preset folder displayed when going to Preferences>Presets tab>Show Lightroom Presets Folder.

On Windows it is in the Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom then there are several other folders in there.

On OS X the Pictures folder is in your Username folder.

• 3. Re: Preset folder location is not correct
              craigst Level 1

I've discovered that the Local Adjustments presets don't go in the Picture>Lightroom folder on the Mac. Rather they go in this folder: User>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Lightroom>Local Adjustments.

And there's no way to have LR import them there. If you double click on them in the Finder Desktop, it will install them in the wrong place (the Picture>Lightroom path).

The default LR presets (Burn, Dodge, and 2 others) show up just fine on the pull-down menu in Local Adjustments bar and they are in the same folder with the newly acquired presets (about 20 of them) but the new ones won't appear in the pull-down menu. Have re-launched LR numerous times but still they don't show.