3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2015 9:04 AM by Ned Murphy

Unable to deactivate CS3 products to move to new laptop

Allnameshavegone

Can't deactivate CS3 products see chat script which was useless and a waste of time Deactivation box keeps coming back no connection but I was chatting with agent at the same time.

Original description...

Cannot deactivate CS3 products Photoshop and Dreamweaver. Just keeps coming back with re-try.

Thank you for your patience.

While you wait, you can try our community forums where experts are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You are now chatting with Sweatha.

Sweatha: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Sweatha: Hi There.

you: Hi

Sweatha: I understand that you are unable to activate the software.

you: No unable to Deactivate. From the help menus deactivate just have to keep retrying. Can access Adobe website no problem as described...

Sweatha: Thank you for the information. I will be glad to check and assist you with this issue.

Sweatha: May I please have your email address registered with Adobe?

you: X@y

Sweatha: Thank you for the email address.

Sweatha: May I know which product are you referring to?

you: CS3 Dreamweaver and Photoshop as decribed...

Sweatha: May I know the serial number please?

you: Photoshop xxx and Dreameaver xxx

Sweatha: Please follow the steps to deactivate the software.

Sweatha: Launch the product >> You have two options: Organize and Edit>> Click on 

Sweatha: Edit>> Help> Deactivate.

you: PLEASE READ ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION - I have done this many times and it does NOT work... Tried Yesterday tewice and this morning. Just responds with try again.

you: REPEAST I am connected to the internet.

you: I have connected to the Adobe web site and obviously I am chatting here

Sweatha: May I know which operating system are you using?

you: Windows 7.

Sweatha: In this case, I request you to activate the software. If you get any error in activating please let me know.

you: IT IS ACTIVATED hence I'm trying to DEACTIVATE! How can I activate if it is already activated there is no option. Do you know these products? Your server is not working!

Sweatha: You will need to refer Adobe forums and post your queries in Adobe forums so that our technical experts will view your post and reply back with the resolution.

you: So whats the point of chat then - useless!

you: I shall post this script in the forum so people can see how you respond Sweata.

Sweatha: The support for CS3 is no longer available. You will need to refer Adobe forums and post your queries in Adobe forums so that our technical experts will view your post and reply back with the resolution.