• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enabling blog comments is not working for me

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a site with a blog, but checking the blog enabling checkbox does not enable blog comments.  Any clues?

Thanks.

Ed

TOPICS
Content management and modules , Newbie Corner , Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the comments form which is usually found in your your Blog Post Details Layout, needs to have a div with a class  of "comment-list" wrapping it. As long as the form is wrapped with this div, it should show and hide the comments as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does not need a specific HTML markup like a div wrapper for it to work Brendon.
What Brendon at the core is saying is correct though Ed, Enabling something in the admin does not mean it will just work on the front end.

If your site has been developed or it has been built by a developer or you use a template you need the HTMl element and markup in the blog post detail layout to have the comments form and comments list show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines