4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2015 4:42 AM by studio boots&bombshells

lightroom presets

studio boots&bombshells

I tried to add some new presets to my folder as the directions stated and now when I open my lightroom all of my previous presets I created are missing.  They were not deleted out of the files, I just cannot see them on my lightroom anymore.  Does anyone know what folder adjustment I need to make to get my presets back?  Im in the process of editing a session, and need HELP.  Please.

• 1. Re: lightroom presets
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

Exactly where the files are located will depend on the operating system you are using.

In Windows, your Develop presets will be located here:

C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets

You can find the exact path for you by going to the LR menu:

/ edit / preferences / presets / show-preset-folder

Subfolders come in handy for organizing them.

Where were the directions used for installing the new presets?

• 2. Re: lightroom presets
            studio boots&bombshells Level 1

I am in quite the dilema.  I used the directions that came with free presets that the forum recommended - 180 free presets.  I went to add the first batch of presets as the directions stated in the zip folder, and when I went to go back to my LR program to finish editing a photo session, all of my PERSONAL (not free) presets that i created disappeared.  I did find my develop folder, but I cant find anything else.  Originally I had posted to the forum a few weeks ago asking why I kept getting an error message when opening LR.  I followed the directions of the forum then, but now my LR asks me to choose another folder when I open LR to edit.  So there are 2 folders floating around, I dont know why or which one to use, some presets are on one, and not on the other.  Now I cant find any presets - anywhere.  There has got to be a back up of this stuff somewhere to add them back right?  I doubt Im making any sense trying to explain this since I am not at your tech level.  UGh.  Please help. 

• 3. Re: lightroom presets
              ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

If you have multiple catalogs floating around (not normally a good thing), you probably want to separate the presets from the catalogs by making sure they are not linked:

menu: / edit / preferences / presets / location

make sure the check box "store with catalog" is UNchecked.

• 4. Re: lightroom presets
                studio boots&bombshells Level 1

Hi Joe, 

That was the problem, I had adobe take over my computer and fix it back to default settings and then we found my presets and added the nee free ones.  They were a HUGE help and its all fixed and session was edited.  Yeah!  I can stop panicking.  Thank you for your help, and taking the time.  Have a good day.

Kelly Lindquist

www.kellylindquistphotography.com

Hearts Apart www.HeartsApart.org

Date:Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 6:35

Subject:[Photoshop Lightroom] lightroom presets

lightroom presets

created by ManiacJoe in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

If you have multiple catalogs floating around (not normally a good thing), you probably want to separate the presets from the catalogs by making sure they are not linked:

menu: / edit / preferences / presets / location

make sure the check box "store with catalog" is UNchecked.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7306862#7306862 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7306862#7306862

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"      

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.