Not sure what needed to be changed/added in the windows hosts file. The only entries that I have are
127.0.0.1 localhost ::1 localhost
Not sure what needed to be changed/added in the windows hosts file
Ben, he has set up virtual hosts, so his host file looks something like
Then he can access the websites in a browser by simply entering "secondsite" as the url address. To make this work, the virtual hosts must also be set up in apache.
Thanks for that Rob, I must have read over that section.
1 person found this helpful
Firstly, to be clear, this is obviously not a dreamweaver issue but probably something in the apache configuration. To research this, I would try the following:
- Convert the includes to "require" to see if errors appear. Make sure error display is active
- Create a simple PHP page that has no includes and try it.
- Try in at least Firefox and Chrome.
- Check the paths in vhosts.conf (did the paths need to change change from one version of XAMPP to another)
- Is apache listening to port 80 alone? (Listen 80) and are the virtualhosts set up for *:80?
- Is LoadModule vhost_alias_module modules/mod_vhost_alias.so uncommented in httpd.conf
Hey Thanks for the help.
I did uncomment the "LoadModule" that you referenced. It then started working in Chrome...
But...not in Internet Explorer...
Accidently, I discovered a setting in IE that was not aware of ... under "Compatibility View Settings" -- I unchecked the box for "View Intranet Sites in Compatibility View" ... I had no idea there was such a setting (I was not even aware that viewing my local sites was referred to as an "intranet sites"). Once I unchecked it, IE began working perfectly...
Once again, thanks for all your help!