5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2007 2:20 PM by RoboWizard

Microphone for recording

Trainerjd
      I am unable to use my microphone to record in the Captivate software even though it works on my pc. I get a msg that it isn't detected. What suggestions do you have?
        • 1. Re: Microphone for recording
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Trainerjd and welcome to our community

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do. Assuming it works with other applications, you could record using something like Windows Sound Recorder. Then import the resulting clips into Captivate.

Additionally, I'd strongly suggest reporting it to Adobe via this link.

Out of curiosity, is your mic one of those that connects via USB? If so, you might find that one of the types that connects via the round jacks that you insert into the sound card will be more reliable.

Hopefully this helps... Rick
          • 2. Re: Microphone for recording
            naborshood
            Are you using Vista, or have you just recently upgrade to vista?
            • 3. Microphone for recording
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi naborshood

I see you asked a question about Vista in another thread. Please limit your question to a single thread. If you are interested, the Forum Posting Guidelines can be read by clicking here.

Your thread can be read by clicking here.

Sincerely... Rick
              • 4. Re: Microphone for recording
                caterpro2
                I went out an purchased a new sound board and plug-in mic (to replace my USB mic) and it still doesn't work. Camtasia 2.1 does record sound but the screen is black! I'm not sure if Vista is the problem or if Captivate is the problem but I do know I am having trouble getting any work done.
                • 5. Re: Microphone for recording
                  RoboWizard Level 4
                  Hi caterpro2 and welcome to our community

I don't believe Camtasia Studio or Captivate are working flawlessly with Vista yet. Hence the issues you are seeing.

As for Captivate, assuming you can perform basic screen recording okay, the best bet is probably to use a separate application to record audio, then add it separately by importing into Captivate.

Cheers... Rick