• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant install or uninstall Adobe Air. Keep getting error message "This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which cannot be found"

Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 7 and use Adobe AIR for Flixster.  When I tried to open Flixster I recieved an error message saying i needed to install Adobe AIR.  I looked and saw that according to control panel, Adobe AIR is installed.  I attempted to uninstall but get this EXACT message:

"This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which cannot be found.  Please download the latest version of the runtime from http://www.adobe.com/go/getair, or contact the application author for an updated version."

I have tried going to the mentioned website but i get an error message saying installation failed and may need administrative privilages but I AM the administrator! 

I then tried multiple solutions on the forums including the command prompt uninstall and still no luck.  contacted customer support who told me i can only receive assistance through these forums.

Very frustrating.  Please Help.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with a customer of ours:

Try to uninstall AIR – same message.  (When I reinstall,  the install says it’s successful.) I try to run our app, same message. I downloaded another AIR app, same message – so it’s not our app it’s AIR.  We logged in as Administrator, same message.  It’s a Windows7 machine. I did a system restore to 2 days ago and started over and still the same issues. I tried running the Windows Fixit to uninstall https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall – didn’t work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Our user's I/T fixed the issue.  The user said their I/T folks used a program called "Revo Uninstaller" to fix it.

Thanks a lot Adobe. I'll always be sure to recommend that our company use a different platform. Because if there's a problem, good luck in fixing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines