2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2015 6:11 PM by Bill NM Aerial Photos

Does Premiere Elements use a "rate curve" for pan/zoom?

Bill NM Aerial Photos Level 1

Does Premiere Elements pan/zoom feature have a sort of accelerate/decelerate option, either user-selectable, or built in to the pan/zooms?

By accelerate/decelerate, I mean the pan/zoom will start very slowly, then over a period of just a second or two, accelerate to whatever constant speed it needs to move the user-defined distance in the user-defined time, and then at the end of the pan/zoom, decelerate over the last second or two, to a stop.

Makes the pan/zoom seem much more "human/organic"...as opposed to, "robot-like" if the pan/zoom does not gently accelerate/decelerate at the start and end.

Thanks...

--

Bill

• 1. Re: Does Premiere Elements use a "rate curve" for pan/zoom?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill NM Aerial Photos

If you are referring to Bezier Curves and interpolation methods, yes with regard to keyframing the Motion Scale property (for Zoom) and the Motion Position property (for Pan). The Pan and Zoom Tool keyframes can also be adjusted. Keyframing of some other properties can also be adjusted.

From Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 7 or 8.1 64 bit.

Below is an example from keyframing of the Crop property.

KeyframingBezier.jpg

What version of Premiere Elements do you presently have and on what computer operating system is it running? If you do not already

have Premiere Elements 13/13.1, please evaluate the tryout before purchase to determine the compatibility of the program with your

computer environment and video editing goals.

Please let me know if I have targeted your question. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Does Premiere Elements use a "rate curve" for pan/zoom?
            Bill NM Aerial Photos Level 1

ATR,

Thanks so much...that answers it.

--

Bill